Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radiators--quinn or Firefly?

• 01-09-2010 12:17am
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi Folks,

Im buying about 13 rads and am looking at these 2.
    The firefly are a little thinner, stylish, cheaper by about 30%, and have about 7-8 % less btu output than the quinn.

Anyone using them and which would you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The isse your looking at is incorrect imo. Its either roll top or grill you should be considering. I would go for roll top as they are easier to clean look better and wear better.

aside from that go with the cheapest. if its a sealed system both will last a long time.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

thanks joey,

its the compact radiators im looking at. Is it not smarter to buy the one with the greatest btu at the same delta, output? As in, this would save me oil in the long run.

Thanks,

Johney

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

ps Joey, my system is open vent as the is dual heating. Does this make one rad brand better than the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

johneym wrote: »
    thanks joey,

its the compact radiators im looking at. Is it not smarter to buy the one with the greatest btu at the same delta, output? As in, this would save me oil in the long run.

Thanks,

Johney
    johneym wrote: »
    ps Joey, my system is open vent as the is dual heating. Does this make one rad brand better than the other?

If its dual heating it does not need to be open vent. I am lost on that one.

How are the rads being heated. The rads with the greatest btu are actually roll top as i mentioned however i find the btu neg as you work out the btu then place the correct size rad in the room according to the manufacturing spec.

Advertisement