Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Yep down for me too since last night and all day today, using a Tesco sim in unlocked dongle on my laptop. I'm in Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Tought it was just me been down all day here near Drogheda aswell not good at all whole day with no data luckily i have a 3 phone aswell with all you can eat data:P.

Still not working! ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Still out of action.

This is crazy stuff & the inability to rectify after over 24 hours is very hard to understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi All,

The team have been working on this overnight and are closing on a resolution. Many apologies for the inconvenience. Will update as soon as there is more info.

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Thanks paul good to know that it is been worked on and hopefully is resolved soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Hi All,

The team have been working on this overnight and are closing on a resolution. Many apologies for the inconvenience. Will update as soon as there is more info.

Regards
    Paul

hi paul, quick and easy question for you. why didn't tesco send a text to say that there was a problem with data connection?

Ditto

sorry guys, it hasnt affected all customers. issue is fully identified now. it is proxy related so if u turn ur proxy on u will get web access. full resolution very shortly. regards paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is this it?

Proxy IP Address: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080

EDIT: Yes, it is. Working now. You could have told us yesterday. :pac:

• Advertisement

Is this it?

Proxy IP Address: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080

EDIT: Yes, it is. Working now. You could have told us yesterday. :pac:
    didnt know yesterday kenny. lots of work going on to get to this point. regards paul

didnt know yesterday kenny. lots of work going on to get to this point. regards paul

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being serious. :D

Its working again for me when I put the proxy in.can I ask what exactly happened that the outage was caused?i know o2 was having problems with their internet services yesterday aswell.

My proxy is set at 10.1.11.19:8080 but still isn't working.

These settings have been on phone from time I moved to Tesco

jay93 wrote: »
    Its working again for me when I put the proxy in.can I ask what exactly happened that the outage was caused?i know o2 was having problems with their internet services yesterday aswell.

not clear yet Jay

logonmar wrote: »
    My proxy is set at 10.1.11.19:8080 but still isn't working.

These settings have been on phone from time I moved to Tesco

will only work for browsing not email. full fix still in process and not complete

not clear yet Jay

Let us know if you get any updates on this, the internet is slow as hell!

jay93 wrote: »
    Let us know if you get any updates on this, the internet is slow as hell!

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 13 a7v8x

Why didnt I see this post earlier, just purchased a day pass on tesco mobile and its unusable. Put the 10.1.11.19 in and it worked but takes an age to even load a page :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭ingalway

I'm now going into day 4 with no data....I cannot believe it is going on so long with no fix and I cannot believe that Tesco have made no contact with their customers to advise on the situation and to apologise. I have been generally very happy with the Tesco package but am having serious doubts at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

ditto on the above,

Contacted customer service wrt the above. Tesco can send out sms to remind about topups but nothing for this? I asked with the inconvenience could tesco atleast extend the data expiration date to compensate, the reply was...

"computer says no.."

come on think outside the box on this and dont just give us the T&C line. We are PAYING for a service and we're not getting it. sort it out and accommodate your customer, please

W.

PS we shouldnt have to ask to get some form of compensation?

Hi W

There will be something organised but it will be done for all affected customers early next week not by calling care 1 by 1. This situation has been developing since yesterday so most of the focus is on resolution. Be assured that we take customer satisfaction very seriously so we will review and learn from this issue and we will be in touch with all those affected next week.

Regards
    Paul

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi Paul,

That is great news (for us all to hear). But what else (except for here!!) was there for us to do but call customer care on a 1 to 1 basis? I'm not trying to be critical here but more providing constructive feedback as a customer.

If I got that simple response today, I would have been more that satisfied. It shows Tesco are taking this issue serious and are being proactive. But all I (we?) get is "its in Tesco T&Cs that no form of compensation is possible etc."

Anyhow the main thing is Tesco are aware of the issue and its impact on customers and that you aim to review your customer communication procedures etc.

Thanks
    W

I think it's worth mentioning that I don't know of any other network rep that will come on here after 11 on a Saturday night to update us on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Have entered the proxy settings. getting very slow connection in my browser but nothing from my twitter app.

Anybody experiencing similar issue?

paudie wrote: »
    Have entered the proxy settings. getting very slow connection in my browser but nothing from my twitter app.

Anybody experiencing similar issue?

Yeah, I think that proxy will only allow browser traffic, so you'll need to use Twitter.com.

I do appreciate the feedback. Care only got the message yesterday that we are going to provide something for customers in apology as they were waiting for direction from management.

Again I can't apologise enough for this issue. It's going on way longer than expected as the symptoms were finally narrowed down yesterday round 2pm. We had hoped to have resolution last night but the root cause hasn't been identified and ad a result the engineers are having to trawl through many network nodes to identify what is causing the problem.

There will be a text to all bundle users tomorrow or Tue depending on numbers of customers affected.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any direct concerns you would like clarification on.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

That is great news (for us all to hear). But what else (except for here!!) was there for us to do but call customer care on a 1 to 1 basis? I'm not trying to be critical here but more providing constructive feedback as a customer.

If I got that simple response today, I would have been more that satisfied. It shows Tesco are taking this issue serious and are being proactive. But all I (we?) get is "its in Tesco T&Cs that no form of compensation is possible etc."

Anyhow the main thing is Tesco are aware of the issue and its impact on customers and that you aim to review your customer communication procedures etc.

Thanks
    W

Hi All

The issue should be fully resolved now. ( whether you have proxy set or not )

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

delete the proxy settings?

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    delete the proxy settings?

It shouldn't matter Emo. Proxy is bypassed anyway.

Advertisement