Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

It shouldn't matter Emo. Proxy is bypassed anyway.

yea i see that paul. listen thanks for being around at the weekend and keeping us updated. the one thing that tesco got right was having you here.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

There will be a text to all bundle users tomorrow or Tue depending on numbers of customers affected.

Regards
    Paul

Just received the text notification, thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yeah i got a txt from tesco yesterday got my data bundle extended by 7days and got extra 350MB of data ,good customer care by tesco i must say ! :) and thanks to paul who kept us updated over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Paul - any word on when we will see webtexts on the Tesco website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

loyatemu wrote: »
    Paul - any word on when we will see webtexts on the Tesco website?

Hi there

We are a bit off track due to another major change going in at the moment. Will be ready in about 4-6 weeks.

Apologies for the delay in this.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 clarkeed

Hi emo72 i also have a HTC Desire and have followed all threads and setups as descibed and have never managed to send a picture message it always comes up with
    Generic network failure any ideas whats going wrong?

Regards Clarkeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hi this is a kind of unrelated question but I am just wondering how long it will take to transfer my number from vodafone to tesco mobile using the online form? Thanks

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi this is a kind of unrelated question but I am just wondering how long it will take to transfer my number from vodafone to tesco mobile using the online form? Thanks

Hi Trevor,

The form goes through to care who will usually call you within 24 hours to perform the port.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mikescandy

Hi, is it only me having problem with data? was working a few days ago. I live in the Blackrock area

mikescandy wrote: »
    Hi, is it only me having problem with data? was working a few days ago. I live in the Blackrock area

Hi Mike

Did you try to reboot your phone to see if that helps? Can I ask (if you have a few mins) that you log a ticket for your experience here as it will help us resolve the issue.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/ContactUs.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mikescandy

Hi Mike

Did you try to reboot your phone to see if that helps? Can I ask (if you have a few mins) that you log a ticket for your experience here as it will help us resolve the issue.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/ContactUs.aspx

regards
    Paul
    Tried to reboot but nothing changed. I just opened a ticket as you requested.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I need your help, Paul, again! It's not enough that mine simcard went haywire a month ago, replaced thankfully by you, now strange thing going on. When I dial a hungarian mobile number, from the first buzz your system acts like the call has been picked up on the other side, call credits deducted, and the bloody phone keeps ringing and on incoming call appears on the called side. I'm actually paying for ringing. Nope, it's not a faulty phone, I know every inch of it. I've never seen this before!! Could you look into this, please? Strangely calls to landline are working. Lost credits,and the worst, cannot talk to my loved ones. Thank you!

padyjoe wrote: »
    I need your help, Paul, again! It's not enough that mine simcard went haywire a month ago, replaced thankfully by you, now strange thing going on. When I dial a hungarian mobile number, from the first buzz your system acts like the call has been picked up on the other side, call credits deducted, and the bloody phone keeps ringing and on incoming call appears on the called side. I'm actually paying for ringing. Nope, it's not a faulty phone, I know every inch of it. I've never seen this before!! Could you look into this, please? Strangely calls to landline are working. Lost credits,and the worst, cannot talk to my loved ones. Thank you!

Hi Paddyjoe,

Can I ask that you call care on this one at 0894200000 or else log a ticket here http://www.tescomobile.ie/ContactUs.aspx

They will capture all the required information from you and progress the issue quickly.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

I cant find the web page for the webtexts. I know it was promised for the summer. Anyone got any idea where the webtexts are located on the tescomobile website?

Bens wrote: »
    I cant find the web page for the webtexts. I know it was promised for the summer. Anyone got any idea where the webtexts are located on the tescomobile website?

Scroll up a bit. /\

paul myself and the missus both received texts last night at 230 am, they had been sent earlier in the day and from different people. question is why do some texts not go through when they are sent? i also sent a text to my missus yesterday and she didnt receive it. do we have a bottleneck problem? thanks paul

emo72 wrote: »
    paul myself and the missus both received texts last night at 230 am, they had been sent earlier in the day and from different people. question is why do some texts not go through when they are sent? i also sent a text to my missus yesterday and she didnt receive it. do we have a bottleneck problem? thanks paul

Hi Emo,

There is no general issue here as far as I am aware and for onnet there should be no delay at all (offnet there are 2 operators involved and lookups etc so you might have a small lag).

Is your coverage good?

regards
    Paul

Hi Emo,

There is no general issue here as far as I am aware and for onnet there should be no delay at all (offnet there are 2 operators involved and lookups etc so you might have a small lag).

Is your coverage good?

regards
    Paul

hi paul, yes my coverage is great. it is a little strange that we both received texts at 230 in the morning from different people. one had been sent a few hours earlier. and the other was sent from o2 trying to tempt me back. now, i dont think they would be sending them in the middle of the night.

emo72 wrote: »
    hi paul, yes my coverage is great. it is a little strange that we both received texts at 230 in the morning from different people. one had been sent a few hours earlier. and the other was sent from o2 trying to tempt me back. now, i dont think they would be sending them in the middle of the night.
    I will check with the team Emo. If this is a regular thing please log an issue with customer care just in case it's more a localised issue.
    Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

2G/3G coverage in my house is terrible. My phone constantly looses signal in my room and the calls frequently break up :(

Other friends who are on the o2 network have the same problems as me.

I was previously with vodafone and while the coverage wasn't the best I never lost reception.

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    2G/3G coverage in my house is terrible. My phone constantly looses signal in my room and the calls frequently break up :(

Other friends who are on the o2 network have the same problems as me.

I was previously with vodafone and while the coverage wasn't the best I never lost reception.
    Hi Trevor

We have the sane coverage as O2 so it will be the same experience

Regards
    Paul

Hi, no data connection here again today. I think my bundle was due to expire today but was extended by 1 week a couple of weeks ago. This happened before when ending one bundle and starting another.

Have tried a reboot and search for networks etc. but still nothing.

Thanks.

Working now. Cheers. :D

Hi Kenny

I believe there is an intermittent O2 issue with data that is also affecting us. Will update when I know more.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Hi Paddyjoe,

Can I ask that you call care on this one at 0894200000 or else log a ticket here http://www.tescomobile.ie/ContactUs.aspx

They will capture all the required information from you and progress the issue quickly.

regards
    Paul

Cc has sorted the problem now. Must have been a glitch in O2's system because an O2 sim had the very same symptom as my t.m. Thank you!

Hi Kenny

I believe there is an intermittent O2 issue with data that is also affecting us. Will update when I know more.

Regards
    Paul

Hi Kenny,

O2 solved their intermittent datat issue yesterday am

regadrs
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Flana

Hi Paul,
    Is there an app similar to jelly SMS or eirtext that tesco mobile Irish users can use ?
    Thanks

No there isn't. We will be launching webtexts in a few weeks. Those apps are unsupported by the networks and get around the intent of the operators to provide webtexts as a web based service.

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

No there isn't. We will be launching webtexts in a few weeks. Those apps are unsupported by the networks and get around the intent of the operators to provide webtexts as a web based service.

Regards
    Paul

You keep saying webtexts in a few week. You've been saying that for over 6 months now. Seriously, when?

• Advertisement

As updated recently, it got bumped behind our Pay Monthly launch which is tomorrow. Its targeted for a few weeks after that. if I could give you a date and time for exactly when I would but that's just not possible.

Regards
    Paul

Advertisement