Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭logonmar

Data connectivity gone again this morning. Fix didn't last long!

Are others experiencing problems today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

logonmar wrote: »
    Data connectivity gone again this morning. Fix didn't last long!

Are others experiencing problems today?

Yes another issue at the moment for some of customers unfortunately. Will update shortly.

regards
    Paul

Yes another issue at the moment for some of customers unfortunately. Will update shortly.

regards
    Paul

This issue should be fixed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrqpr

Any word on the online web texts?? Thought they were due at the end of November?

mrqpr wrote: »
    Any word on the online web texts?? Thought they were due at the end of November?

Should go live overnight..was supposed to go live Sunday but we found an issue on Friday that the tech guys were working on over the weekend.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrqpr

Thanks Paul..

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

nothing as yet...:(

Shyboy wrote: »
    nothing as yet...:(

Still hoping to go live today...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Hey,

I switched from Vodafone to Tesco (both Pay as you go) and wanted to keep my number. They called me today at lunch time and said it would take 20 minutes to 2 hours. After 4 hours the "Vodafone" message dissapeared from my Vodafone SIM, so I swapped in the Tesco SIM and assumed it would be working ok. But when my friends call my number they say they can't reach it.

Am I simply too impatient or did something go wrong?

Rhand wrote: »
    Hey,

I switched from Vodafone to Tesco (both Pay as you go) and wanted to keep my number. They called me today at lunch time and said it would take 20 minutes to 2 hours. After 4 hours the "Vodafone" message dissapeared from my Vodafone SIM, so I swapped in the Tesco SIM and assumed it would be working ok. But when my friends call my number they say they can't reach it.

Am I simply too impatient or did something go wrong?

Hi there

Sometimes there can be issues or slowness with porting. It also only happens bewteen certain hours. It will likely flush through this am. If you want to PM me your number(s) i can cehck the status

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi, I placed an order online for pay monthly, I received an e-mail confirming the order, I take it the order has been shipped?

thanks in advance

Hi, I placed an order online for pay monthly, I received an e-mail confirming the order, I take it the order has been shipped?

thanks in advance

Hi there

Please contact customer care here and they can check for you

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi Paul,
    Was bought a new phone for xmas it was a Mojo Chat from the Tesco Extra store in Drogheda,

When i opened the phone it already had a sim card in it?
    The seal was not broken or anything on the phone tough i presume Tesco just put the sims into the phones now?

Heres the problem tough my sim won't work in it asking me for a network unlock code my sim is a Tesco Mobile sim and works in every other phone even another phone that is locked to Tesco Mobile!!
    The sim that came with the phone is working in it tough no problem,

It's really strange and can't understand why my sim won't work
    If this is the case can Tesco provide me with the unlock code for the phone since it's not fully working with other Tesco sim cards?
    Ive topped up my account well over €150 since i got it so should be able to get the code?

Thanks,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jay93 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Was bought a new phone for xmas it was a Mojo Chat from the Tesco Extra store in Drogheda,

The seal was not broken or anything on the phone tough i presume Tesco just put the sims into the phones now?

Heres the problem tough my sim won't work in it asking me for a network unlock code my sim is a Tesco Mobile sim and works in every other phone even another phone that is locked to Tesco Mobile!!

If this is the case can Tesco provide me with the unlock code for the phone since it's not fully working with other Tesco sim cards?
    Ive topped up my account well over €150 since i got it so should be able to get the code?

Thanks,

My mother had exactly the same problem with a galaxy mini from Tesco. It was locked to the sim provided, but they gave her the unlock code which wouldn't work. They then transferred over the old number and credit to the new sim card and it works fine since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

anyone encountered a problem these days that after 5 minutes on the phone, i can hear the person on the other side but they cant hear me?

happened with 2 different people yesterday and today

jay93 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Hi Jay,

Apologies for your poor experience here. Yes, we always put a SIM in the phone before shipping.

If you contact care here they will be able to sort you out with the unblock code. Please supply all details as it may help us to diagnose what went wrong here.

regards
    Paul

j4vier wrote: »
    anyone encountered a problem these days that after 5 minutes on the phone, i can hear the person on the other side but they cant hear me?

happened with 2 different people yesterday and today

Hi J4vier

Can you please log your issue here and care will follow up with our technical team. Apologis for the poor experience.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Just wondering, a couple of family members are going to change over to Tesco -SIM only ... if we were to order these on line, what is procedure for porting over? On receipt of SIM, do they ring to activate?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JAKIE75

Hi Guys,

Currently i have a 3 year old iphone3g unblocked to tesco mobile on pay as u go...i am looking to buy an iphone 4 or 4s.My problem is 3 network have offered me a great deal on a new iphone4s of 79 euro for the phone & 40euro a month and all u can eat data but its on a 24 contract or i can buy an 8gb from apple sim free but its only a iphone 4 at 500euro and stay on tesco pay as u go which i spend around 20 a month on... thing is who has the better 7 genuine internet coverage speeds etc for the iphone 4 ??

i currently have my iphone 3 set up for internet usage which tesco done over the phone with me 10 months ago but i fund the service v poor

Just wondering, a couple of family members are going to change over to Tesco -SIM only ... if we were to order these on line, what is procedure for porting over? On receipt of SIM, do they ring to activate?
    Thanks

Hi Grasshopper,

Yes that is it, you can use the 089 number supplied until you are ready to port.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 clarkeed

Hi,
    Has anyone used an ipad on tescomobile what is needed and what is the setup?
    Am using tesco for my phone with no problems.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Thanks Paul re the above information...

Just wondering, after a call has been logged onto techincal support, how long does it take for them to rectify problem?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

hi paul, i ordered a phone before xmas, got e-mail asking for ID, how do I proceed with order?

thank you

clarkeed wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone used an ipad on tescomobile what is needed and what is the setup?
    Am using tesco for my phone with no problems.
    Regards

Hi there, you can only buy a data bundle by text at the moment so you need to buy the bundles on a phone before putting in an iPad. You can buy multiple months at once though.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul re the above information...

Just wondering, after a call has been logged onto techincal support, how long does it take for them to rectify problem?

Thanks

It depends on the issue but it can take up to a week.

Regards
    Paul

hi paul, i ordered a phone before xmas, got e-mail asking for ID, how do I proceed with order?

thank you

Hi there
    Just follow the instructions on the email.
    Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Getting a 404 page when I try and send a web text. I think that the web text counter is also broken :rolleyes:

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Getting a 404 page when I try and send a web text. I think that the web text counter is also broken :rolleyes:

Just tested it there and it worked for me so the service is up. Have you ever been able to send a webtext?

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just tested it there and it worked for me so the service is up. Have you ever been able to send a webtext?

regards
    Paul

Yep I have sent a few webtexts last month. Do you have to have credit to send a web text? Even though I never used a webtext this month it states that I have no webtexts remaining.

EDIT: Just tried it out there again and it appears to be working. Webtext counter appears to be broken though

• Advertisement

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yep I have sent a few webtexts last month. Do you have to have credit to send a web text? Even though I never used a webtext this month it states that I have no webtexts remaining.

EDIT: Just tried it out there again and it appears to be working. Webtext counter appears to be broken though

You have to have topped up in last 30 days by 10eur or more to get free webtexts, otherwise they are chargeable.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement