Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michaela Davis.. the justice system - a 15 year old girl's POV

• 01-09-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

my take on things:

I read about the 12 year old girl murdered in Dublin yesterday and my heat goes out to her poor family, what they must be going through :( I'm 15, 3 years older than Michaela, I never knew her, but i think it's just so tragic.
    And tbh, it would be an insult to call the b****** an anima(whoever did this)l, because it's an insult to animal, it's degrading to them, because an animal isn't the word for the sick disgusting thing who did this to Michaela. He's SATAN, out and out pure SATAN! :mad:
    And do you know what really irritates me, d'you know what really makes my blood boil? The fact that this disgusting,hoorendoes, sick minded piece of scum will be back out on the streets in 10/30 years. Oh yeah, this scum will be caught alright, yeah he'll have his day in court, he'll be jailed, but jail will be like a walk in the park for this guy! :rolleyes:
    He will never to suffer or endure the angony he put that poor girl through. He will never get to feel the agony her parents are feeling at her tragic loss. He won't experience any of that. He'll be in prison sure, but nothing will be done to him. He'll probably get beat him up, but he'll be alright. Prison is NOTHING! Absolutely nothing to the likes of this thing (I'm not even going to call him a human because no human what do would that sick pervert did)
    The justice system is incrediably flawed in this country and yes, I am 15, I don't know much about politics or who we should blame for this, but I do know that it just isn't enough!
    The way the justice system is now in this country, is just, appaling, I'm actually disgusted with it, defend it all you like but at the end of the days, none of these murderers ever get a taste in their own medicine, all they get a cold dark cell and a mattress to sleep on for the next 20/30 years, if that. Not much compensation is it when you think about the crimes they've commited.
    In my honest opinion, and this is purely my opinion, coming from a 15 year old school-girl, the justice system in needs to be changed drastically and NOW! Not next year, not next month, not next week, now! I don't care if they have to drag their arses out of bed and hold a meeting or whatever, they do, it must be done.
    A policy MUST be introuduced in ireland. Anyone that does anything like what that sick perve did to poor Michaele will be hung and I mean not instantly, painfully,because the deaths all these murderers inflicted on their victims, were slow, painful deaths, and these sick, disgusting horrendous f****** pervs, they have it coming.
    Yes, it won't bring back people like Michaela, but it will be a small taste of victory, you'll feel like you've got compensation, obviously nothing will ever make up the fact that Michaela is gone, this won't cheer them up, but they might at least feel like they've got justice.
    People of ireland deserve this. It won't bring back their murdered loved ones, but maybe they will be able to sleep a small bit at night knowing that the sick pervert that did this to their son/daughter/mother/father/family relative is burning in the deep depths of hell and will never be able to walk free from the cell and cause one more family agony and grief that will never fully leave them.
    Just think about that
    Thank you for reading, (if you have),
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Here here.

You keep alluding to the fact you're only 15 but be assured, you've articulated yourself better then I or many others could have on this subject.

Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shampoo2223

you are wise at your age.. RIP michaela :( rest now beautiful angel you are now in the loving arms of your creator..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is this gonna be another thread where everyone posts their little violent fantasies and whips themselves into a frenzy?

Also, more OT, have the post-mortem results been released yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

*must resist urge to post obvious POV joke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The guy hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so this is libellous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

CiaranC wrote: »
    The guy hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so this is libellous

How is it libellous if he hasn't been named in the post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

by POV I mean Point Of View
    and I'm not talking about the guy that was taken in, I am referring to whoever did it

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Great post, regardless of ur age. Your right in pretty much everything you said.

Terrible tragedy, R.I.P Michaela

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Cure violence with violence.

Oh to be fifteen again.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

you are wise at your age.. RIP michaela :( rest now beautiful angel you are now in the loving arms of your creator..

no offence, but her parents created her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Very shocking stuff lately all involving very young people, car crashes, more car crashes and now murders.

Regarding this tragedy of Michaela, only going by what I read so far, open to correction here, that she left the house at 12pm even told her parents that she was going out. Who leaves their child out at 12yrs of age at 12 o'clock at night on her own?

TBH over the last few weeks I'm lost for words with all the tragic things that are going on. I might pick up the paper even now and then but over all I just avoid the news these days.

I hope some good comes from the death of these young people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Piste wrote: »
    Is this gonna be another thread where everyone posts their little violent fantasies and whips themselves into a frenzy?

Also, more OT, have the post-mortem results been released yet?

Exactly.

Saw one of them Facebook 'like' pages regarding this girl. Completely disagree with that ****e and the comments the author has put on
    It's a tragic event of course but that bandwagon never stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Nuggles wrote: »
    Cure violence with violence.

Oh to be fifteen again.

:rolleyes:

actully, there are a lot adults that would feel the same as me, justice system is too soft in Ireland, I will not and never will change my views on it. And yeah, fifteen is a great age :D

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    my take on things:

I read about the 12 year old girl murdered in Dublin yesterday and my heat goes out to her poor family, what they must be going through :( I'm 15, 3 years older than Michaela, I never knew her, but i think it's just so tragic.
    And tbh, it would be an insult to call the b****** an anima(whoever did this)l, because it's an insult to animal, it's degrading to them, because an animal isn't the word for the sick disgusting thing who did this to Michaela. He's SATAN, out and out pure SATAN! :mad:
    And do you know what really irritates me, d'you know what really makes my blood boil? The fact that this disgusting,hoorendoes, sick minded piece of scum will be back out on the streets in 10/30 years. Oh yeah, this scum will be caught alright, yeah he'll have his day in court, he'll be jailed, but jail will be like a walk in the park for this guy! :rolleyes:
    He will never to suffer or endure the angony he put that poor girl through. He will never get to feel the agony her parents are feeling at her tragic loss. He won't experience any of that. He'll be in prison sure, but nothing will be done to him. He'll probably get beat him up, but he'll be alright. Prison is NOTHING! Absolutely nothing to the likes of this thing (I'm not even going to call him a human because no human what do would that sick pervert did)
    The justice system is incrediably flawed in this country and yes, I am 15, I don't know much about politics or who we should blame for this, but I do know that it just isn't enough!
    The way the justice system is now in this country, is just, appaling, I'm actually disgusted with it, defend it all you like but at the end of the days, none of these murderers ever get a taste in their own medicine, all they get a cold dark cell and a mattress to sleep on for the next 20/30 years, if that. Not much compensation is it when you think about the crimes they've commited.
    In my honest opinion, and this is purely my opinion, coming from a 15 year old school-girl, the justice system in needs to be changed drastically and NOW! Not next year, not next month, not next week, now! I don't care if they have to drag their arses out of bed and hold a meeting or whatever, they do, it must be done.
    A policy MUST be introuduced in ireland. Anyone that does anything like what that sick perve did to poor Michaele will be hung and I mean not instantly, painfully,because the deaths all these murderers inflicted on their victims, were slow, painful deaths, and these sick, disgusting horrendous f****** pervs, they have it coming.
    Yes, it won't bring back people like Michaela, but it will be a small taste of victory, you'll feel like you've got compensation, obviously nothing will ever make up the fact that Michaela is gone, this won't cheer them up, but they might at least feel like they've got justice.
    People of ireland deserve this. It won't bring back their murdered loved ones, but maybe they will be able to sleep a small bit at night knowing that the sick pervert that did this to their son/daughter/mother/father/family relative is burning in the deep depths of hell and will never be able to walk free from the cell and cause one more family agony and grief that will never fully leave them.
    Just think about that
    Thank you for reading, (if you have),
    Sarah

Great post..
    RIP

*edit*..not that im advocating corporal punishment, but the justice system in this country is skewed at the minute..but apart from that its a great post from a 15 year old girl..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Isn't it way past the ops bedtime for a school night?

It always strikes me as peculiar that the only time people call for the death sentence is in the case of murder.

It seems rather arbitrary too. If all crimes were to be punished in an "eye for an eye" fashion, we'd have a rather strange justice system where rape would be the punishment for rape, theft would be punished by stealing & there would have to be some very inventive ways of dealing with public order offences etc.

The death of a young girl is sad, but the rabble response is not what civilised nations are built upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

RIP to her.

However, I don't think we can start sentencing people according to the age of their victims. Murder is murder, there should be no discrimination in how it's prosectued, and this one is objectively no worse than any other.

Also, just reading the OP more, there's an awful lot about how hanging convicted murderers will bring comfort to the general public. That's not what justice is about. It's about punishment, and perhaps even rehabilitation, not to satisfy blood lust and a primal demand for vengeance. I know you're only 15 OP, and I understand why you're so angry, but no society can put what you prescribe into practice and still call itself civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shampoo2223

no offence, but her parents created her.

Oh i know I was not born yesterday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Stop impersonating a 15 year old girl, Mr.Colleran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Your post is OK, i get your anger, but for you to call for the death of this guy does not make you any better than he is.

And party because your reaction is a knee-jerk one and you don't know any facts of the case. We live in a civilised society, not one of the biblical times.

You keep saying how you're 15, for our sake i really hope the voting age isn't decreased to 16 like has been proposed in certain quarters. Sorry OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

my take on things:

I think 30 years if served would be a just sentence in this this case, but that’s the problem, prisoners can apply for parole after 12 years in Ireland or whenever the judge see fit.

The death penalty or types of torture for convicted criminals shouldn't be an option as much as you are outraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

As I read through this thread I keep expecting Joe Duffy to interrupt.

While one is justified in feeling angry toward the murderer (and, it could be argued, the parents), having his head on a plate wouldn't solve anything.

In a few weeks time something will grab the headlines and we'll all be baying for the blood of someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The death of a young girl is sad, but the rabble response is not what civilised nations are built upon.

Thank god someone has some sense around here. It annoys me when I see some of these ranty posts baying for blood, especially with the naivity of the justice system

Fair enough, I, as everyone else was, was horrified when I heard the story, especially the age of both the victims and the accused.

However, the mentality that people should burn for their crimes is a broken record at this stage...

The justice system is far from perfect but it's far from broken either. I agree there are many cases in which sentences handed down are too lenient, but pointing to those errors shouting for capital punishment isn't the solution either.

There are some sick fucks out there, true, but unfortunately there always has and, always will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

anyone remember larry murphy..... he'll be on primetime etc... (children out after 12 its a disgrace, arggh and joe duffy etc...)go away to prison, be forgotten about, big fuss when hes being released. forgotten about again

Who?

Jev/N wrote: »
    Thank god someone has some sense around here. It annoys me when I see some of these ranty posts baying for blood, especially with the naivity of the justice system

Fair enough, I, as everyone else was, was horrified when I heard the story, especially the age of both the victims and the accused.

However, the mentality that people should burn for their crimes is a broken record at this stage...

The justice system is far from perfect but it's far from broken either. I agree there are many cases in which sentences handed down are too lenient, but pointing to those errors shouting for capital punishment isn't the solution either.

There are some sick fucks out there, true, but unfortunately there always has and, always will be

And the posts that include "Murderers should be killed for their crime" always start with "The justice system is a joke".

No, your point of view is a joke! Murder is bad, but state exectuted murder is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Your post is OK, i get your anger, but for you to call for the death of this guy does not make you any better than he is.

And party because your reaction is a knee-jerk one and you don't know any facts of the case. We live in a civilised society, not one of the biblical times.

You keep saying how you're 15, for our sake i really hope the voting age isn't decreased to 16 like has been proposed in certain quarters. Sorry OP.

How does that make her not any better than he is, she wants some absolute scumbag to be put to death for raping and killing a young girl. What place can that kind of scumbag ever have in society? Theres a complete difference in saying that somebody should be hanged for a crime like that, and someone doing what they did to that girl.

This nonsense of giving him a minimum sentance and sitting him through some course and putting an arm around him telling him its ok, then releasing him back to the public without knowing if he's 'cured' or not is ridiculus. Whatever scumbag did something like this should give up their right to live in society again.

How does that make her not any better than he is, she wants some absolute scumbag to be put to death for raping and killing a young girl. What place can that kind of scumbag ever have in society? Theres a complete difference in saying that somebody should be hanged for a crime like that, and someone doing what they did to that girl.

This nonsense of giving him a minimum sentance and sitting him through some course and putting an arm around him telling him its ok, then releasing him back to the public without knowing if he's 'cured' or not is ridiculus. Whatever scumbag did something like this should give up their right to live in society again.

I never said he should have an arm put around him, but what in the hell do you think gives YOU the right who should live and who should die?

You complain about people killing. and you're talking about killing? You think you can decide who lives and dies is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

This nonsense of giving him a minimum sentance and sitting him through some course and putting an arm around him telling him its ok, then releasing him back to the public without knowing if he's 'cured' or not is ridiculus.

Eh, yeah. Well lets all make random assumptions, jump to some wild conclusions and we'll definitely have a very balanced argument

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

uwala wrote: »
    What kind of parents let their 12 yr old out at midnight? Oh thats right, skanger parents, who did dat koind of ting at dat age demselfs. Sore we wuz only havin a bit of fun on doze sommer noits all along de banks of de Royal Canal back in de 90s. They also let their 12 yr old hang out with a crowd of older teenagers, and judging from her picture, and the fact that she was a skanger, it wouldn't have surprised me if she was sexually active already anyway. I'd also guess the killer choked her in a panic after the rape.
    Einhard wrote: »
    You know what, this might get me banned, but you're an asshole for posting that. She was fucking strangled to death a week after she started secondary school, and you have nothing better to do than to sully her name. Jesus Christ, sometimes AH depresses me.

I don't think you'll get banned for calling him an asshole anymore than you would for calling a spade a spade to be honest.

Some of his total of 17 posts on the site so far:
    uwala wrote:
    You might not like it. I thought Aussies were for the most part, d1cks.
    uwala wrote:
    The entitlement attitude of women posting here is quite telling of the Irish wimmins princess syndrome.
    uwala wrote:
    Well it's quite obvious who wears the trousers in your house. You should be ashamed of yourself for spouting this pussywhipped rubbish. Hand in your man-card immediately.
    uwala wrote:
    Every part of Dublin is ruined by scum. At least in England the ruling classes seperated themselves from the rabble. Here our scumbag county councillors tried to "integrate" them. It failed. The skanger accent is spreading too as scumbag tradesmen move into better areas with their Celtic tiger earnings. Unfortunately they brought their accents with them and their children emulate the ridiculous "Eminem gangsta" crap.
    uwala wrote:
    OMG you are like so "with it" and stuff. Whats the latest lingo in dA gAng/Rap scEne sInce u seEmz to be on da 5treetZZ Wit ur cru (biG up da cru).R U pAkin a 9mm cUz da 5treetz of Dubalin townz izz liKe a warZone maN its woR5e daN AfGhaNisTan buD.

Or wud u preefur if oi talkt loike dis b-coz u iz a professunell traydzmin nd u iz troyin to meuv op en da wurld und oi iz goin to shaow doze poshies dat oi iz now meddle clast. Meoi son iz goin to git da bist edumacatian dat me professunell erninz can boi, dyanowarameanloikeweeeeeerrrrrrrrr.

It goes on like this for around about 17 posts.......

I don't want derail this thread into a discussion on the death sentence, but you need to remember that there are good reasons why almost the entire western world has abolished it.

Also, what difference would it make whether he's locked up indefinitely or hung? His death won't bring Micheala back, it'll just prolong and increase the suffering of his family & friends. The death penalty is barbaric and backward, and I'm glad it's long abolished here.

I never said he should have an arm put around him, but what in the hell do you think gives YOU the right who should live and who should die?

You complain about people killing. and you're talking about killing? You think you can decide who lives and dies is it?

I'm complaining about innocent people being killed. Not murderers. I think judges should be given the option of imposing a death sentence, then they can decide. I'm hardly saying I should be consulted on every case in the country :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Dude, ths is kinda uncalled for!

If you want to put a point across, that's fine. But don't say ridiculous things like this! It voids your entire post, because people will know what kind of person is posting it!

And what kind of person is that, you pr1ck? If a solicitor brought it up in a court of law would you be saying the same thing? Or is it not compatible with the tabloid headlines of the completely innocent? The 12yr old was hanging out with 19 yr olds, for christ's sake. Did the parents know, or even care? Plenty of skangers are pregnant at 14, which means sex at 13, in case you didn't know, or is it taboo to say that too?

I'm complaining about innocent people being killed. Not murderers. I think judges should be given the option of imposing a death sentence, then they can decide. I'm hardly saying I should be consulted on every case in the country :rolleyes:

So, you think murder is bad......... but killing people who have commited crimes is good? :rolleyes:

You realise we don't live in The Bible right? What you're saying is sheer hypocrisy!

Also, what you're saying is that this lad, who has NOT been convicted, in a case of which you know NONE of the facts, should be hanged?

Well done Sir! You are the reason democracy is wasted on a lot of people!

And what kind of person is that, you pr1ck? If a solicitor brought it up in a court of law would you be saying the same thing? Or is it not compatible with the tabloid headlines of the completely innocent? The 12yr old was hanging out with 19 yr olds, for christ's sake. Did the parents know, or even care? Plenty of skangers are pregnant at 14, which means sex at 13, in case you didn't know, or is it taboo to say that too?

I won't reply to someone who can't have a discussion without throwing personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Pics or get the **** out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

MiciG91 wrote: »
    Pics or get the **** out

see i can make ridiculous replies too

What's wrong with what you said is that you have nothing to back it up with. You've made judgement on her character (and her parents) with nothing other than your own bizarre opinion to base it on.

Just try to have a bit of respect. Its a dead child you're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Well the Irish people were consulted through a referendum a few years back and voted to remove the provision for the death penalty from the Constitution. So I guess you're very much in the minority there...

I have plenty of respect but the questions need to be asked. The parents have a lot to answer for.

• Advertisement

I have plenty of respect but the questions need to be asked. The parents have a lot to answer for.
    And what kind of person is that, you pr1ck

You call random people pricks.

I say, YOUR parents have a lot to answer for.

You know what, this might get me banned, but you're an asshole for posting that. She was fucking strangled to death a week after she started secondary school, and you have nothing better to do than to sully her name. Jesus Christ, sometimes AH depresses me.

I merely asked a few hard questions and made some not unreasonable surmises. If you haven't the intelligence to handle a serious discussion, then dont reply. Yes some of the points are serious and hard to take, but they need to be made. Or would you rather the whole thread to consist of
    "aw isn't it terrible" or "we should execute the killer". Go read a tabloid newspaper if want that level of discussion.

So, you think murder is bad......... but killing people who have commited crimes is good? :rolleyes:

You realise we don't live in The Bible right? What you're saying is sheer hypocrisy!

Also, what you're saying is that this lad, who has NOT been convicted, in a case of which you know NONE of the facts, should be hanged?

Well done Sir! You are the reason democracy is wasted on a lot of people!

Yes I think people should be punished properly for their crimes.

Obviously I realise we're not living in the bible.

Assuming he is convicted, somebody obviously did it, and I'm not referring to the specific lad, I'm referring to whoever did it. And yes, I think the death penalty should be an option.

Why is democracy wasted on me?

Well the Irish people were consulted through a referendum a few years back and voted to remove the provision for the death penalty from the Constitution. So I guess you're very much in the minority there...

So what if I'm in the minority, does that mean I can't express my view?

Yes I think people should be punished properly for their crimes.

And you think murdering them is "proper"? Well done!
    Why is democracy wasted on me?

Because you don't deserve it!

So what if I'm in the minority, does that mean I can't express my view?

No, but this means you have been democratically over-ruled.

Society would be much worse was it run by people like you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

actully, there are a lot adults that would feel the same as me, justice system is too soft in Ireland, I will not and never will change my views on it. And yeah, fifteen is a great age :D

Oh excellent, so no facts or arguments will ever dissuade you, no matter what, because your opinion is, obviously, 100% correct. Oh to be 15 and know it all again.

strobe wrote: »
    I don't think you'll get banned for calling him an asshole anymore than you would for calling a spade a spade to be honest.

Some of his total of 17 posts on the site so far:

It goes on like this for around about 17 posts.......

OK "strobe", let's examine some of your posting history, since pathetic ad hominems is all you seem to be capable of....hmmm. almost 1500 posts, wow, well done. Actually forget it, I couldn't be bothered.

You call random people pricks.

I say, YOUR parents have a lot to answer for.

Not random people, just you.

No, but this means you have been democratically over-ruled.

Society would be much worse was it run by people like you!

In your opinion.
    And I'm not the only one who thinks it. I think society would also be terrible being run by bleeding heart liberals who seek to put labels on every crime and blame people circumstances instead of the person taking some responsiblility form themselves.
    And you think murdering them is "proper"? Well done!
    I think its a fitting punishment to some crimes, yes. What use do you think he'll be in society.

Because you don't deserve it!

why not?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement