Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staying in bed in the morning

• 01-09-2010 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

How long do you stay in bed in the morning when you have no college/work?
    For me its usually 11/12 hours! I go to bed around 12 and dont get up until 11/12pm! I wake around 8/9am and am on the laptop all morning in bed!
    Just want to see what other people do..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Until Deal or No Deal is over.

I fap thinking about the female contestants opening their boxes live on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Go to bed at 5 am and wake up at 4pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

depends on my mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Predator_ wrote: »
    I wake around 8/9am and am on the laptop all morning in bed!

..And absolutely pull the lad off yourself no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

During the Summer and being off college, if I don't have work the next morning, I usually sleep around 4 and get out of bed about 2.

Living.
    The.
    Dream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bed at 2am, up at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I can't stay in bed long at all. I'm so used to crappy early starts during the week and just can't lie on the weekends. I usually have to build up a lot of fatigue in order to get a decent lie on, load of balls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

16 odd hours. Asleep all the time though. I've trouble waking up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Is "staying in bed in the morning" a euphemism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

A symptom of growing older I find is not allowing yourself to stay in bed past noon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

On holidays so it will be around 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Around 10am, 10.30 if im being extra lazy. This is the same whether i go to bed at 11 or 3am the night before. Once in my life I was up before 9 when I didnt actually need to be. Dont know why. Its not natural!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Sleep around 3-4 and wake up around 12 or 1, feel rough when I wake up late though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

..And absolutely pull the lad off yourself no doubt.

no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I go to sleep around 2-3 am, get up 11am-ish. Probably more sleep than I need but until I can find a job, it's really all I do. That and play video games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

just off nights, back on gain on day shift thur...body and mind fecked..but not in a nice way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

morning..... no college/work?
    There's a morning when college is off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dust men...

PARKLIFE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Go to sleep at dawn and get up about 3 oclock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

If I sleep past 8 I feel I've wasted the morning - no matter what time I turned in.

I like my Morning Alone Time - surf the net, drink my coffee and then accomplish things.

Yeah. I guess I'm a grown-up. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

...I wake around 8/9am and am on the laptop all morning in bed!
    Just want to see what other people do..

Kick out Pamela and her five buddies - tell her you're getting a job - if she wants to stay she'll have to pay her own way.
    You'll be happier in the long run.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I go to bed at around 6am, then get up at 12pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i go to bed anytime from 2am-7am every night. Always up by between 11am-2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

I get ^up around 7, I get out of bed around 9

I'd probably stay in bed all day if it wasn't for that Mother****er Brownstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Ill wake at the same time as if I was going to work, 7am, but I'll lie there for another hour or so listening to a podcast, music. I cant sleep past 10am, but then I sleep like a log and never need more than 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I usually fap myself into a deep coma that can last anywhere from 9-12 hours ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm up every morning by 9am (weekends included) unless I have the hangover from hell, I tend to stay in bed and try sleep that off!

Usually go to bed around midnight or 1am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Staying in bed while I am awake plays havoc with my sinuses for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

My sleeping pattern is fcuked up lately. Go to bed any time from 11pm-3am and am either up really early or really late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I work Monday to Friday 9-5. I'm so used to getting up at 7:45 that I usually can't sleep in on days off. If I do sleep late, I will ALWAYS have a rotten headache for the day so I just get up around half 8 or 9. Might aswell get the most out of the day!

On the weekend I sleep in til 8 or 9 I guess
    maybe even 10 if I was in bed late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A symptom of growing older I find is not allowing yourself to stay in bed past noon.
    QFT.
    I always thought that getting up before noon on weekends was for parents and overachievers.
    Now, 11 o'clock is my limit unless I only went to bed at 7am. If I'm in bed before 4am, I'm awake and usually up by 10am. For no particular reason. And I actually prefer it, if I'm not hungover, you get loads done. And I'm not old. :D

Five years ago, you'd need a very good reason for me to be out of bed before noon. 1 or 2 o'clock was typical. I was briefly jobless when I left college and I found myself going to bed at 3am, waking up at 11 and not getting out of bed till 2 or later. I'd pick up a book beside the bed and just read.
    That gets ridiculously boring and depressing though, seeing the days fleeting by and nothing getting done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I hate it when I sleep in. I love being up by 8 or half past at weekends. Or earlier if I can....especially during the summer. Why waste your life in bed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I get up at about 10 at weekends now. I think younger people sleep far more.

About 10 years ago i was on the dole all winter and living at home. I used to go to bed about half 7 just before my father got up for work then i would try to make sure i was up before he got back at 5. Some of the times my mother would be knocking at the door telling me to get up before he was home. He used to be disgusted at me with the big sleepy head and him with a days work done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I miss fapping to Cat Deeley on Satuday mornings :(
    x PyRo wrote: »
    I go to bed at around 6am, then get up at 12pm.

Horse racing for breakfast :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its a lovely feeling! I usually go to bed anytime between 12-1.30am. I tend to get up any time between 10.30am-12.30pm! Often sleep for 9-10 or 11-12 hours straight depending how tired I am and what time I go to bed and whats happening the next day. Might still wake the odd time during the night but rarely do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

My sleeping pattern is fcuked up lately

+1

Anytime really.. But i try to go at 2am and wake around 11am in the morning.

Advertisement