Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 2.30 Marathon

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

8/1 shot i reckon. Everything has to go right. Sub 6 miles for the distance is pretty much a different sport to what I ran last year.

That's daunting, I don't blame you for ignoring the slow runs!

For what it's worth I agree with trr, the definition of slow differs from runner to runner. Just mind the niggles and it'll work out well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    when I stop trying to remember where I read it, it will come to me later :rolleyes:

It was Hadd, so I've attached that, what I was referring to is from page 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It was Hadd, so I've attached that, what I was referring to is from page 8.

One of the best write up's on running I've read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

8/1 shot i reckon. Everything has to go right. Sub 6 miles for the distance is pretty much a different sport to what I ran last year.

I reckon you are well capable of that, assuming you get to your ideal racing weight and stay injury free. The latter could be the biggest challenge given some of your earlier posts. Do you do any strength or core work? Might help the body get through the extra demands of training for a 2:30 marathon.

Best of luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

feck sake lads you made myflipflops close his account. Maybe he will make a comeback TRR style as MFF :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ah Jaysus. That sucks. I remember reading of his original intention to run a sub-3 marathon and thinking 'not a hope in freakin' hell' and then as he neared his marathon goal, and was running faster and faster times, I started thinking 'maybe, just maybe', and then he rocked in with a 2:48...

Next he said 'I'm going to shoot for a 2:30' and you know what? I thought 'maybe, just maybe'. I hope someone will drop back and let us know how he gets on. I hope he blows that one out of the water too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ah that's a pity. It was a great log, I'm sure I wasn't the only one lurking on it.

Best of luck anyway!

I think we need to open an online petition to get the fat Aussie to reopen his account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

This sucks. Really good log and no bs back slapping in here....hope he comes back

drquirky wrote: »
    This sucks. Really good log and no bs back slapping in here....hope he comes back

I think it is the back slapping that finally got to him. That and some other things. I think he was running scared of our fast approaching "get it on like donkey kong smackdown" as well. It's great I can now freely hurl abuse in here without the fear of retaliation ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »
    I think it is the back slapping that finally got to him. That and some other things. I think he was running scared of our fast approaching "get it on like donkey kong smackdown" as well. It's great I can now freely hurl abuse in here without the fear of retaliation ;)

Mod: That's what you think ;)

(Soon gonna amend the charter to be able to give you a ban just for being a kn0b in general :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Reckon he also needed more time to devote to fame whoring at letsrun as well....

ecoli wrote: »

(Soon gonna amend the charter to be able to give you a ban just for being a kn0b in general :D)

I'm going to the boss man of boards.ie, this is outrageous, a mod calling me a knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I'm going to the boss man of boards.ie, this is outrageous, a mod calling me a knob.

You could go and close aswell.... again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That's a shame, one of my favourite logs. At least report back to tell us if you get your 2.30 marathon! :)

In his last PM before he closed his account MFF confessed that there was a Lance Armstrong type case coming out against him. It was going to be his Luke Ming Flanagan moment after running around a track in a yellow t-shirt with a stay off drugs slogan with kids following him like the pied piper a few months back ;) He also admitted that all DSD athletes blow and professed his undying love for Tallaght.
    shels4ever wrote: »
    You could go and close aswell.... again ;)

I don't think this is MFFs first account so he might be back. Anyway what are you doing posting in the training logs, people usually only come inhere when they have done some training!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I don't think this is MFFs first account so he might be back. Anyway what are you doing posting in the training logs, people usually only come inhere when they have done some training!!!!
    Have been in full training the past while for your beer mile, 50% of the event is sorted now... but not sure I can run a mile, just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

He must be gone to run 1,000 miles @ 8 min pace - he'll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

he might be injured who knows.

Advertisement