Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help/supplier.

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

A big hey to everyone,

I just moved back here from abroad (11 years away), i was working/partner with a very successful Computer repair company, i had to move back for personal reasons.

I sold my share in the company to partner, and gave him a great deal, he looked out for me in the past so, i returned the favour.

Now that i am back here, i am looking for good suppliers of hardware parts etc.. for building/repairing laptops/PC's and networks etc. as i would love to set up a similar company here. Repairing and building Consoles/pc's/laptops/ and even built a mobile phone to see if i could.

I have been told that there is plenty of competition around, and i understand that, but my alternative is to go on the live register (dole), and that will have to be a very last resort, i am willing to sell everything i own (which isn't much) before i have to do that.
    There is no building work as a labourer, i have tried local restaurants/pizzeria's and generally anything i can find, that might be available.
    I am down to my last few sheckles, so i am on a budget, i don't even own my own PC/Laptop at the moment.

I have been looking within my budget, but so far to no avail.

I am holding on to as much as i can to buy from a supplier initially slowly part by part, then to hopefully buy on demand or to have in premises on a permanent basis

When business is up and running, i am looking for someone that can get me parts within as short notice as possible, eg laptop keyboards, cables, not-so-common parts etc.

Is there anyone around Ireland that does that?
    I have tried Radionics/Beltronics, as both have been recommended, i have repaired 3 laptops but they had no parts i was looking for, so i had to ebay them, and some parts took a week to deliver, so i don't think customers will be coming back or recommending me too quickly.

I hope i have explained what i am looking for okay, as i am very tired now, and am making use of a computer while i have it, i may not be able to check again until late tomorrow. (hopefully sooner)

P.S.
    I don't want to be paying for each delivery, every time i need something, i have no problem paying as needed, but is there someone that will have parts same day for collection? Someone that can also supply parts on the move?

A big thank you to everyone in advance. :):D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Komplett and Elara are the big PC component and peripheral suppliers here in Ireland, although there are also Pixmania and Hardwareversand to be used (particularly for large builds). There are also a good number of lower-profile trade suppliers such as Dabs4Work, Beltronics (security-oriented) and Farnell (electronics-oriented).

And the problem with PC repairs is that you'll never get your hands on proprietary parts very quickly for out-of-warranty machines unless you have spares already lying around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dazzler80

Hi and thanks.

What are the delivery times from Hardwareversand like? Would it take long to come from Europe, or do they have a place here?

Also, is there nobody at all, that does parts for older machines? :eek:

Not being funny, but i thought, Ireland, would be a huge supplier for this sort of stuff.

From what i've been hearing, we were leading the technology race for a while :):rolleyes:
    Surely someone packed a few parts away?

Also, sorry, i forgot to ask this, Anywhere that sells laptops cheaper when you buy 1+, 2+, 3+ etc.. OR do i need to open a business account and how do business accounts work here?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement