Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC LAUNCH 8Mb Broadband

• 01-09-2010 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

today 1sept up to 8Mb Download speed 1Mb UP aup 120Gig
    €25 per month with tv

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Thats a kick to the scones for DSL providers. I'm still waiting for them to update there higher packages though... 60 meg instead of 30meg :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It will be at least 7Mbps and often 8Mbps for most.

Eircom's 8Mbps can be 1Mbps and on average across subscribers is about 3Mbps due to line length primarily, but also crosstalk and quality. I doubt more than 10% get more than 7Mbps and no-one gets 8Mbps as Eircom include the DSL overheads.

Also isn't basic cap on Eircom's 8Mbps so called NGB about 30G?

120Gbyte is fairly decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nice to have it available as an option.

However, on the deals page for existing customers, there's a fairly small difference in the prices between the 15Mbps deal and the 8Mbps deal (with phone). €2 a month - I presume this is an oversight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

Runs Cold wrote: »
    €25 per month with tv

Does this have to be requested or is it automated, similar to the previous upgrades? Maybe another 12 month contract or wait a few months for it to be automated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Runs Cold wrote: »
    €25 per month with tv
    Looks very tempting for people who don't need the speed - 5mb users - but do need the extra dowload allowance! Only an extra €3 for 120GB per month vs. 40GB per month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think i just heard the whole of eircom management collectively take a dump in their pants! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

:D
    vibe666 wrote: »
    i think i just heard the whole of eircom management collectively take a dump in their pants! :D
    :D

My Favourite qoute of the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's a fairly small difference in the prices between the 15Mbps deal and the 8Mbps deal (with phone). €2 a month - I presume this is an oversight?

I'd say this product is more for comparison purposes than any thing else:

I.e. 'Look, we have an 8mb product as well, but with a much better deal overall! And sure, while your looking at that, you may as well look at our 15mb package, only 2 Euro extra.'

Either way, it completely ridicules Eircoms 'best' product.

Advertisement