Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestake's Horse Laying Log

Options
  • 01-09-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Good morning kittens,

I want to start a log in laying horses.

Starting balance - €100 as I know next to nothing about the horses.

I'm looking for the absolute uncertain - the horses of the three legged variety :D

Anyway, I'll be looking to make 1 or maybe 2 lays a day, usually Monday to Friday. Aim for about 2 - 3% return a day, but will bank frequently (assuming sucess in early days!)

I'd appreciate if some Board members would recommend potential lays, but at the end of the day, I shall be deciding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nice idea,good luck. What price lays were you thinking? Favourites? Outsiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Good luck! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck with this dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Lay 1

4.20 - Lingfield
    Lay Starstreamer to win
    Odds - 25.00
    Matched - €99.60

greetings wrote: »
    Nice idea,good luck. What price lays were you thinking? Favourites? Outsiders?

It's going to be outsiders. High prices.

Will appreciate any guidance along the way

• Advertisement

Bestake wrote: »
    Lay 1

4.20 - Lingfield
    Lay Starstreamer to win
    Odds - 25.00
    Matched - €99.60

Lay 1
    Win + €3.95
    Balance - €101.98
    Banked - €1.97

I'm going to bank half the winnings if my lay wins each time.

That's good thinking.

Lay 2

5.50 - Kempton
    Lay Karam Albaari to win
    Odds - 29.00
    Matched - €101.92

Bestake wrote: »
    Lay 2

5.50 - Kempton
    Lay Karam Albaari to win
    Odds - 29.00
    Matched - €101.92

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Lost

Loss of €97.95 :mad:

I really know fcuk all about the horses!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Unlucky dude. :(

Never lay un-raced maidens, actually, never lay big priced maidens. If anything just lay the favourite all the time in them and you'd come out looking quite pretty!

Too risky going all in every time with horses too, anything can happen unfortunately. Hard luck mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Ouch! But a lesson learned. As Pyro notes nothing in this game is guaranteed. You have to think small for a long-ass time before you expand your horizons. Even then that can go wrong. Have a look through the logs here to see how up and down things can get!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Unlucky dude. :(

Never lay un-raced maidens, actually, never lay big priced maidens. If anything just lay the favourite all the time in them and you'd come out looking quite pretty!

Too risky going all in every time with horses too, anything can happen unfortunately. Hard luck mate.
    scopper wrote: »
    Ouch! But a lesson learned. As Pyro notes nothing in this game is guaranteed. You have to think small for a long-ass time before you expand your horizons. Even then that can go wrong. Have a look through the logs here to see how up and down things can get!

Yep expensive lesson.

Not being some sort of cocky sh!t, but I'm glad I didn't start with a grand! Had I made initial early wins, money could have been piled in.

Anyway, I shall retire with a strike rate of 50% (pity it is for laying haha), and wish Karam Albaari a long successful future!

Might give the laying of the score a break tonight, feel bad omens now!!

It was bound to happen at some stage,it's just unlucky that it happened so early in your log.

Advertisement