Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for selecting modules?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what time registration is available from? I don't want to stay up all night to make sure I get what I want.

I'm doing science omnibus so if I don't get the right combination it could be dodgy later on when I could be excluded for not taking modules now.

Getting nervous now because the system seems quite complicated. I'm not pre registered to any module because of my course so I have to work it all out, not just electives.

Anybody who did omnibus year one able to help me with this? I'm interested in chemistry, biology and would also like to try geology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I'm going into science myself. It is fairly complicated but i think i have got my head around it.

I'm gonna try go on as early as possible. Might get up a little early... 6-6.30. The other students started registration the other day, and there seemed to be a little trouble with the server, but I don't think it'll be a problem considering there will be a smaller group registering. But I'm the same as you... don't want my degree to get messed up cause I slept it in lol.

60 credits for a year. 30 per semester.

5 credits per module.
    25 for science subject stream ya choose. 5 for elective.

I've been looking at what subject streams I want to do. As far as I know it's pretty difficult to combine all what your looking for. For most Chemistry/Biology subject streams they have module is Biology Chemistry Maths and one or two have a module in Physics.

The only way I think you could work in some Geology is to put it down as a an elective. So choose from one of the modules offered for your first semester and then another for the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Ah cool thanks. I'll try to do some geology as an elective.

Yep the only thing that's confusing me now about the core modules is how many maths modules you have to do?

One in each semester or two in each semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I know its confusing me too. Sure we'll know tomorrow when registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Stupid thing isn't open :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rii

It is now... Stupid timetable clashes :( Don't know how I'll get through this thing... I can't pick some of the modules I planned to :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

I'm doing the MA Qualifier in Economics. It's not a proper course on it's own, more like a collection of modules. When I'm in Step 1 of registration it says "Occasional Human Sciences 2010/2011 Stage 1" in the top right so, looking at the registration dates, I thought I'd be picking modules with "All Stage 1 undergraduate students (including Stage 1 repeats)" today but Step 2 still says "Phase 2 Not Available". Do people reckon I'll be able to pick modules tomorrow with graduate students or that there's something wrong?

Advertisement