Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itchy cat - allergies?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

My poor cat seems to be very itchy the last few days. She looks really agitated and is grooming and scratching constantly. (Everywhere, not just one spot on her body). She is fully up to date on her flea & tick treatments, so I don't think that can be it. There is no sign of any skin irritation.

She has always been one for grooming a LOT! But there is definitely something up at the moment. She acted like this previously earlier this year, but the vet couldn't tell me anything useful. They just said to treat her with Advocat again. Eventually she seemed to calm down.

I'm going to bring her back to the vet - but can anyone give advice on what I should be asking the vet to check for? Or what kinds of tests they might do to see if its an allergy of some kind?

The other thing I'm wondering is if it could be behavioural? i've been looking after a stray cat lately and he bullies her. (He has moved into my garden but I don't let him into the house).

Advertisement