Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help. Switching network while under contract and keeping same number

Options
  • 01-09-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I upgraded at the end of July but new tarif never kicked in until 15 august.
    In the two weeks prior to my new tarif i had a data usage of over €500 which they've reduced to €50 as a gesture. However i was only using the internet at home via a wireless connection.
    Just been on the phone to network provider and am refusing to pay.
    Question is despite having 11 months on my contract would another network take me with the same number. I know my current provider would then pursue me for remaining cost of contract but I'll deal with that when it happens.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think any of the Networks will relese a number while there is money owing.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

Yes it's meteor. I'd no intention of paying them another penny if i do switch and told them as such.
    I've also just moved and have yet to inform them so they'd have no chance of finding me.
    I've been a bill pay customer with them for about 8years so what's €50 to them. They'd make it back and more to keep me as a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you leave them without settling up your account or coming to some sort of agreement they will pursue you for the outstanding debt. If they fail to collect it they will eventually try and get a judgment against you in the district court. Once this happens your credit rating will be effected.
    Do not let it go that far, sort it out with them, it would be a pity to wreck your credit rating for the sake of 50 euro. Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring them is the last thing you should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

Thanks i appreciate what your saying, it makes sense and i have cooled down a bit since i was on the phone but my stubbornness is telling me otherwise.
    I'll ring them again tomorrow and see if we can sort it out.
    I know if i do end up paying I'll be switching networks soon as my contract is up

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CC23

Similar story here, except it's a friend of mine. She's only on a bill pay lite contract but racked up big charges when she went up North in June, now they've cut her service off and she's lost without her phone. She rang them and asked about paying it off in installments on top of her regular €30 per month but they bluntly said there was nothing they could do. She's out of a job and broke and can't stump up the whole lot at once and now it's only getting bigger as they keep adding thirty a month to the bill without letting her cancel her contract. Can she change networks, keep her number and just pay the bill off bit by bit? As it stands they're getting nothing cos they keep going into her account to take out the full amount which she'd never have.

Advertisement