Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jizzlord Beers: Hawiian shirt Night in O'Connells - Sat Oct 9th 8.30

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

9th
    Flojo wrote: »
    Gah if anyone bought a shirt recently please let us know where! Quite a few of us haven't managed to find one yet. :(

In Dunnes Terryland earlier, they had some sky-blue flowery shirts in sale at 7euro if anyone's interested... On the sale rail near counter 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

9th
    spender.j wrote: »
    In Dunnes Terryland earlier, they had some sky-blue flowery shirts in sale at 7euro if anyone's interested... On the sale rail near counter 1/2.

Legend.. thanks hun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

i might make one!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

8th
    Any recommendations of a nice place to stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

8th
    Stayed in the carlton last night for a stag night, was very nice, rooms were 99 for the two of us sharing.

Also, A few friends have stayed at the best western and said it suited them.

And the G is a very nice hotel, very expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

9th
    Any recommendations of a nice place to stay?

I stayed in the Eyre Square Hotel the other week-was cheap enough 80euro room only.
    The Imperial is cheap enough too,stayed there a while back.
    They are grand hotels,basic,but not kips and both in Eyre Square.

Also,do AH mods have an official avatar now or something? :confused:
    Yours and Biko's is pretty much the same!!

8th
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    I stayed in the Eyre Square Hotel the other week-was cheap enough 80euro room only.
    The Imperial is cheap enough too,stayed there a while back.
    They are grand hotels,basic,but not kips and both in Eyre Square.

Also,do AH mods have an official avatar now or something? :confused:
    Yours and Biko's is pretty much the same!!

Thanks for the suggestions, will look at the Charlton and the Eyre square.

Our Avatars, well that is a strange and funny coincidence. I'll tell you over pints :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

9th
    Still no shirt :(

Shall not give up yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

9th
    Feck! No such thing as a Hawaiian shirt in my wardrobe. Would there be objections the just showing up naked with the boards logo painted on my back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

9th
    I can't find one either, worst case scenario - I use a flowery blouse instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

biko wrote: »
    I can't find one either, worst case scenario - I use a flowery blouse instead.

Yeah you probably have dozens of them lying around

9th
    I'm really hoping to be able to make this. Can't find a shirt either and doubt my hawaiin boardie shorts would go down well..so might just end up in a flowery top myself.

9th
    adv0012l.jpg

9th
    Ok can't find one but I'm doing the next best thing and accessorizing! Spelling completely wrong there I know :D:D

8th
    Can't find a place to stay that doesn't cost the earth and can't find a Hawaiian shirt :(

9th
    Can't find a place to stay that doesn't cost the earth and can't find a Hawaiian shirt :(

Having the same problems.
    Cheapest hotel i can find is The Eyre Square-it was 75euro room only for a single. Cheap enough, but still eats into drinking money! That was when i looked during the week, might be booked out now, but think the only thing cheaper than that is a hostel.
    You tried a few places did ya?

8th
    yeeps. €75 ain't too bad compared to other places I have spoken too.

Wanna share a room? I don't snore, do you? :P

9th
    yeeps. €75 ain't too bad compared to other places I have spoken too.

I don't think i snore, haven't gotten any complaints bout it anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

9th
    I don't think i snore, haven't gotten any complaints bout it anyway :D
    Get a room you two!

Oh wait, carry on so...

[Gets coat]

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There's a place just off lower Abbeygate street on Mary's street, above La Salsa or Home Place, don't know the name but they do rooms for like €35.
    It won't be anything special but it will have a bed and a shower, might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

http://www.travelodge.ie/galway-hotel do rooms for 3 from 35euro, about a mile out from the square.

I won't be able to come as I have to cat-sit; hope you all have a good time !

9th
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    http://www.travelodge.ie/galway-hotel do rooms for 3 from 35euro, about a mile out from the square.

I won't be able to come as I have to cat-sit; hope you all have a good time !

Bring the cat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Bring the cat!!

I think she'd be confused by so many people in Hawaiian shirts ! and would probably run off and get lost and then I'd never hear the end of it. I will raise a glass to all in my absence, and for JL

9th
    Having the same problems.
    Cheapest hotel i can find is The Eyre Square-it was 75euro room only for a single. Cheap enough, but still eats into drinking money! That was when i looked during the week, might be booked out now, but think the only thing cheaper than that is a hostel.
    You tried a few places did ya?

There is a backpackers hostel right off Eyre Square across from the AIB bank. Check that out. Sure all you need is a bed you can shower before you go to Galway and then shower when you get home next day.

Be grand!

9th
    Seaneh wrote: »
    There's a place just off lower Abbeygate street on Mary's street, above La Salsa or Home Place, don't know the name but they do rooms for like €35.
    It won't be anything special but it will have a bed and a shower, might be worth a look?

Thanks. I read the reviews, apparantly you'd be better sleeping in the car :eek:

There's only so much of hostelling i can take Toni! :p

Anyway,accomodation is finally sorted,thanks for all the suggestions.
    Still can't get a shirt,so i think i'll be resorting to a top with flowers on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

People - it is Galway there is always a party to be found - if not plenty of lonely scangers at supermacs in early hours of morning!

Pssst with booking hotel - just go for Galway and see what strange place end up!

8th
    Strangely enough, I am in the same boat. Accommodation sorted, now just for the shirt. Have a good lead so might get sorted.

Will anybody be watching the Munster match/pre-beers?

• Advertisement

9th
    Strangely enough, I am in the same boat. Accommodation sorted, now just for the shirt. Have a good lead so might get sorted.

Will anybody be watching the Munster match/pre-beers?

O Connells is a decent spot to watch rugby so I probably will be depending on funds...

Advertisement