Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van der Vaart

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Love this guy! :D

I've been pleasantly surprised by his all-action style. I didn't expect him to be the type of player to get into the box for knock-downs and scrappy chances but his 3 goals this week all came from Crouch assists. He seems to love playing at WHL too and hopefully he can take that form away from home too.

I'd play him behind a single striker (Crouch). Pavlyuchenko doesn'y produce enough to warrant a regular start and I think Lennon on the right gives us more balance as VDV tends to drift all over the pitch when he starts RM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Love this guy! :D

I've been pleasantly surprised by his all-action style. I didn't expect him to be the type of player to get into the box for knock-downs and scrappy chances but his 3 goals this week all came from Crouch assists. He seems to love playing at WHL too and hopefully he can take that form away from home too.

I'd play him behind a single striker (Crouch). Pavlyuchenko doesn'y produce enough to warrant a regular start and I think Lennon on the right gives us more balance as VDV tends to drift all over the pitch when he starts RM.
    If he scored in every Home game this season(ie keep upcurrent form) I'd be delighted especially as that would unreal :)

I have been impressed with Pav's workrate recently though and it was a lovely cross into the box for VDV first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

If he scored in every Home game this season(ie keep upcurrent form) I'd be delighted especially as that would unreal :)

I have been impressed with Pav's workrate recently though and it was a lovely cross into the box for VDV first

I was surprised by the graphic when Pav came off against Twente: he had run over 10km! I just think that we are too unbalanced with VDV on the right and he is more effective in the centre anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I think its fairly clear that we will be playing 4-4-1-1 a lot this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The most impressive thing is how quickly he has settled in with us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Got to say how exciting Van the man has been so far. I knew he was a gifted skilled footballer, but I didn't realize he has a workrate better than Kuyt.. He could be the man to drag this club by the scruff of the neck to the next level!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The story goes he had only like 7min to decide on weather to come or not. Good choice for us and him by the look of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

What a cracking player this lad is. What sets him apart from the rest is that he has great heart. He could easily stroll through a game but he wants to be involved and drive the team.
    Also the VDV chant is fairly class. It sounded good at WHL and sounded even better in Liverpool St. station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kakee wrote: »
    Also the VDV chant is fairly class. It sounded good at WHL and sounded even better in Liverpool St. station.

What is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    What is it ?

didnt hear it myself. u lose out watching on tele

• Advertisement

I don't care about how and why we got VDV but thank f**k he came to us. Unbelivable that he has scored in every home game since he joined us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Harry had a mini pop at RVdV in todays paper, said he's unfit.

First premiership goal away from WHL. What a star, can't wait to see him and JD playing together now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep,he was great again today I thought.

Another good news story:

RAFAEL VAN DER VAART wants to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.

The Dutch star who has 3½ years left on his contract, said: "I love it here. I love the players and I love the down-to-earth attitude at the club.
    "If I have the opportunity, I would stay here for the rest of my career."
    Tottenham fans will be thrilled at the prospect of the 27-year-old forward staying put after the £8million summer buy's sensational start to his career at White Hart Lane.
    He has hit 11 goals this season and is fired up for the visit of unbeaten league leaders Manchester United on Sunday.
    Van der Vaart, who was snapped up from Real Madrid in August, added: "Tottenham-United is the biggest game of the Premier League this season.
    "Not only for us at Spurs but for all the Premier League because United are unbeaten.
    "If we beat them, it opens up the league for everyone else who is chasing the title.
    "And that includes us - we've got the squad to win the league."
    Van der Vaart has welcomed United legend David Beckham to Spurs.
    He added: "I've had one training session with David and it's nice to have him around. He's a great player and a great ambassador for the game."

golfball37 wrote: »
    Another good news story:

RAFAEL VAN DER VAART wants to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.

The Dutch star who has 3½ years left on his contract, said: "I love it here. I love the players and I love the down-to-earth attitude at the club.
    "If I have the opportunity, I would stay here for the rest of my career."
    Tottenham fans will be thrilled at the prospect of the 27-year-old forward staying put after the £8million summer buy's sensational start to his career at White Hart Lane.
    He has hit 11 goals this season and is fired up for the visit of unbeaten league leaders Manchester United on Sunday.
    Van der Vaart, who was snapped up from Real Madrid in August, added: "Tottenham-United is the biggest game of the Premier League this season.
    "Not only for us at Spurs but for all the Premier League because United are unbeaten.
    "If we beat them, it opens up the league for everyone else who is chasing the title.
    "And that includes us - we've got the squad to win the league."
    Van der Vaart has welcomed United legend David Beckham to Spurs.
    He added: "I've had one training session with David and it's nice to have him around. He's a great player and a great ambassador for the game."

Is this a good thing, Im not so sure ?

I love the down-to-earth attitude at the club.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Compared to Madrid, i'd say most clubs are down to earth!

Compared to Madrid, i'd say most clubs are down to earth!

Im not sure Fergie would like his players describing his club as down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Why not? I;m sure VDV meant that the people at Spurs are down to earth.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Why not? I;m sure VDV meant that the people at Spurs are down to earth.

Hopefully that's what it means. I just hope he is not talking about a relaxed approach which is what it looks like when they are falling out of nightclubs.

Anyway, Im probably nitpicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

If spurs playing the way they are lately is down to the club being "down to earth", ill start a petition to get harry to order lazy boys for lads on the training pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hopefully that's what it means. I just hope he is not talking about a relaxed approach which is what it looks like when they are falling out of nightclubs.

Anyway, Im probably nitpicking.

No you're wrong. If he was on about the night clubbing he'd have said that "The lads are great men for the craic" :D

Have ye all turned into Roy Keane or what? :mad:

A happy workplace is a productive workplace. No aspect of what he said is bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Great news to hear him say that. I'd be slightly wary though, it's very easy saying these things when we're flying high both in Europe and in the PL, hopefully though we'll continue on this form and we won't have to test his loyalty.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

I think he means that the club doesn't have that superior team sort of vibe. Like all the players swanning around like their galacticos, that they only have to turn up to a game to win it, that sort of thing.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    No you're wrong. If he was on about the night clubbing he'd have said that "The lads are great men for the craic" :D

Well we shall see if the down to earth atmosphere wins us trophies that we all crave..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just scored a peach vs Portugal as captain for the Dutch. I'd be gutted if we were to lose him.

Advertisement