Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary woman puts cat in a bin

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gobo99 wrote: »
    So you didn't see this yourself then, thought as much.

Are you suggesting the person is making it all up so, and that it never happened?
    so so far they have painted a few walls, drove a jeep and worn some questionable head gear, oh and someone in the other thread said they asked someone for directions. Id say Ballybricken Garda Station will have lads working round the clock on this one.:D

Are you aware that painting public walls without permission is considered vandalism and something the City Council have been trying to discourage people from doing so for a longtime? The amount of money we have to spend cleaning it up? Nobody cares much for the rock, but when they target buildings around the city people care.
    the anti kilkenny sentiment in this forum is unreal. There actually wasn't half as much of a fuss made over the giant swastika that was hanging over the city.:pac:

I'm far from anti KK - I have a lot of close friends and relatives in Kilkenny. I go there a lot and I like the place a lot. Iv been one of the mods who issues bans/infractions for mindless trolls who do cause trouble with their anti KK posts. I never cared much for the rock or banter on YouTube.

But I do care when people I know are intimidated by a group of thugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

gobo99 wrote: »
    the anti kilkenny sentiment in this forum is unreal. There actually wasn't half as much of a fuss made over the giant swastika that was hanging over the city.:pac:

While I would agree with you on the anti-Kilkenny thing on this forum, I'd have to ask what problem you would expect people to have with a piece of art being displayed around the city? The black & amber flag or an inane slogan certainly isn't art, especially when displayed illegally on public or private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Sully wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the person is making it all up so, and that it never happened?
    well people have been known to exaggerate these things to suit their agenda. They may have been trying drum up support but I don't trust these secondhand reports that they were threatening people.
    Are you aware that painting public walls without permission is considered vandalism and something the City Council have been trying to discourage people from doing so for a longtime? The amount of money we have to spend cleaning it up? Nobody cares much for the rock, but when they target buildings around the city people care.
    Im aware of that sully.
    the point im trying to make is that theres graffiti all over the city, i see it every day. "Kid" and "CIRA" up on mount misery for example, places like the plaza are regularly hit. Where's the threads about them? Off with their heads i say! Or is it just the word kilkenny ye object to?:confused:
    I'm far from anti KK - I have a lot of close friends and relatives in Kilkenny. I go there a lot and I like the place a lot. Iv been one of the mods who issues bans/infractions for mindless trolls who do cause trouble with their anti KK posts. I never cared much for the rock or banter on YouTube.

But I do care when people I know are intimidated by a group of thugs.
    again, i just think this is an over reaction.
    anyway this is going round in circles so i think we may agree to disagree,:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

gobo99

If you were a regular reader of this forum you would know there are plenty of non-KK related threads about the appearance of Waterford.

There was even a campaign to get the Ard Rí demolished, and the Waterford City Council has taken action.

As stated before, Mt Misery was a bit of fun, but vandalising our city isn't going to make us think was good sporting chaps you all are.

Anyway, I doubt real KK hurling fans are involved, but just hangers on. You get them in every county.

Advertisement