Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballanamuck

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Have a chance of renting a house there, pretty cheap, havent been there yet, good place.??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Went down to ballinamuck, its very small village,but seems quite nice,one pub in village and another one the 78 just outside,one shop,nice and clean,the people seem friendly enough,its not to far from longford with drumlish in between, going towards cavan there is a lovely place called arvagh,big lake there in town, have to investigate more but looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Ballinamuck is a nice quiet wee spot. Plenty of history around there if you're into that stuff, hence the name of the pub you referred to as the '78. Its actually the '98 as in the battle of Ballinamuck in 1798.
    Arva isn't too bad a spot. I hail from near that neck of the woods. Theres loads of small lakes around the town, espcially if you venture anywhere north of the town.
    If ya like to have the odd pint then Arva is the place for ya. Would ya believe theres 10 pubs there and used to be about 3 or 4 more along with them at one stage! Theres even 2 banks there too.
    I'd say you'd have no bother getting a house or flat there. There was loads of houses built in the boom.
    Its pretty much half way between Cavan town and Longford town aswell.
    If ya need more info about the surrounding area send me a PM. Dont forget theres loads of other small villages and towns in a 5-10 mile radius worth checking out such as Carrigallen (Leitrim), Killeshandra (Cavan), Ballinagh (Cavan), Gowna (Cavan), Aughnacliffe (Longford), Mullinaghta (Longford), Ballinalee (Longford) just to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

scudster wrote: »
    Ballinamuck is a nice quiet wee spot. Plenty of history around there if you're into that stuff, hence the name of the pub you referred to as the '78. Its actually the '98 as in the battle of Ballinamuck in 1798.
    Arva isn't too bad a spot. I hail from near that neck of the woods. Theres loads of small lakes around the town, espcially if you venture anywhere north of the town.
    If ya like to have the odd pint then Arva is the place for ya. Would ya believe theres 10 pubs there and used to be about 3 or 4 more along with them at one stage! Theres even 2 banks there too.
    I'd say you'd have no bother getting a house or flat there. There was loads of houses built in the boom.
    Its pretty much half way between Cavan town and Longford town aswell.
    If ya need more info about the surrounding area send me a PM. Dont forget theres loads of other small villages and towns in a 5-10 mile radius worth checking out such as Carrigallen (Leitrim), Killeshandra (Cavan), Ballinagh (Cavan), Gowna (Cavan), Aughnacliffe (Longford), Mullinaghta (Longford), Ballinalee (Longford) just to name a few.

:) Thanks scudster :)

Advertisement