Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I book the "free" playschool place now?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Son is now 14m, we live in Dublin, I've booked him into every primary and secondary school within a 5m radius but i've done nothing about this, bit of a blind spot or something :rolleyes:

Should I start looking into it? We don't plan to send him to school until 2014 when he is 5y so I imagine there will be playschool from Summer 2012.

Any views?

Many thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

ellee wrote: »
    Son is now 14m, we live in Dublin, I've booked him into every primary and secondary school within a 5m radius but i've done nothing about this, bit of a blind spot or something :rolleyes:

Should I start looking into it? We don't plan to send him to school until 2014 when he is 5y so I imagine there will be playschool from Summer 2012.

Any views?

Many thanks! :)

It is my understanding that creche's will give priority to children who were enrolled already in their creche's.

What you might do is start gathering information about how the local places are run, which ones do montessori, which ones dont, which ones will be more suitable for your child, although its kind of hard to tell that at 14 months I'd imagine.

Just to add, that it seems that not nearly as many people are taking up the scheme so there seems to be plenty of spaces.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it depends on your area really.

Some areas are completely full and other are weirdly empty :confused:

but montessori places full quicker then playschool places.

when will your child be eligable for the scheme?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes, is the quick answer:)

Advertisement