Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good RPGs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

If she liked Oblivion, then she may like Morrowind. It is more unforgiving than Oblivion or Fallout 3, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No, because Legend of Dragoon is beyond terrible. It's a soulless abomination. It's a game with no redeeming qualities....

I'd say the same for DQVIII;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I finished BoFV on my first playthrough, it's not easy but is possible! I then played it through a second time immediately, it's so good (and this is speaking as a big BoF III fan as well, check it out).

I liked the FF Tactics Advance games but wasn't overly gone on the PSP one in the end.

To the OP, I recommend any of the GBA/DS Pokemon rpgs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Vyse wrote: »

Dragon Quest VIII? Soulless? Lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic 1

Not 2, although the second was good, it paled in comparison to the first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vyse wrote: »

You're crazy, Dragon Quest VIII is one of the best RPGs ever. Don't even dare compar eit to legend of dragoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

She's back on oblivion at the mo, have to wean her onto Fallout, says she won't like it, but i'll mention some Dr Who and Phyton and Star Trek jokes in it and her inner nerd won't be able to resist :D Jesus that games almost a teenager now :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm back to playing Dragon Age and Fallout 3 again. Fantastic games, and definitely worth a 2nd (3rd, 4th, or 5th) playthrough.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're crazy, Dragon Quest VIII is one of the best RPGs ever. Don't even dare compar eit to legend of dragoon.
    I just couldnt like Dragon Quest VIII when i played it a few years back. It might have been that i was overloaded on RPG's (after completing Suikoden V and Star Ocean 3 in quick succession), but i found the constant random battles a bloody chore. I'm also not the biggest fan of the art style. Don't get me wrong, its a great looking game, it just didnt draw me in like it did for others.

I did like Legend of Dragoon though, so my opinion probably doesnt count :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    I did like Legend of Dragoon though, so my opinion probably doesnt count :P

No, it doesn't :P

I'd give Dragon Quest VIII another chance if you aren't burnt out on RPGs. It's seriously one of the best and most charming RPGs out there and a damn sight better than legend of shitoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm currently playing Lost Odyssey on the 360 and i've found it's quite good. Anyone who likes FF games will enjoy it as it's quite similiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

This is a very good rpg:

RPG.JPG

.....Ill get my coat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Kiith wrote: »
    ....but i found the constant random battles a bloody chore......

That's exactly how I found it. Fight after bloody fight. Absolutely soul destroying. And then when a character dies you have to visit a church or something to resurrect them:mad: I think this may have changed later in the game (could you teleport out of the dungeons) but at the start it was bloody annoying. Story wasn't great either.

It's just how dragon quest works. Walk into the dungeon, get your ass kicked, then you are resurrected with half your money and all your experience so it's no big deal. Tool up, head in again and you should make it out alive. It's all about the gameplay and amazing battle system. Once you get out of the first dungeon the game really opens up and becomes a lot better even if there's some grinding to do but there's so many sidequests to do as well. As for the story, I really liked it. Sure it wasn't melodramatic teens with gunblades and other nonsense but what it was was a very simple but brilliantly told story that was laugh out loud funny in many areas. You guys are really missing otu not sticking with it.

Advertisement