Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disguising Garden Storage Container

• 01-09-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭

Hello all I'm looking at putting a 20ft storage container down bottom of garden but trying to conceal one long side. What ideas have people got for disguising it.

I could put up trellis & plants or may be use as rear wall of pergola type building what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

yea, trellis would be my first choice for something quick and easy

You could consider painting the side of the container to a colour that wouldnt stand out like a sore thumb through the trellis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

+1 for snypers ideas: perhaps a big flat screen and sky sports:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

pavb2 wrote: »
    Hello all I'm looking at putting a 20ft storage container down bottom of garden but trying to conceal one long side. What ideas have people got for disguising it.

I could put up trellis & plants or may be use as rear wall of pergola type building what do you think?

I have been down this road myself very recently, and after doing a lot of searching and giving it a lot of thought, I decided there was nothing for it but to buy a brand new container in dark green.Even the best of the second hand 20foot containers were tired looking and invariably an eye-catching colour.Now, my garden is a small suburban garden, but amazingly the container doesn't stick out! Definitely worth going the extra mile for the new one in the right colour if you can.One of the best investments I've ever made.
    Hope this helps

Oh,one other thing- make sure the area you're going to get your container dropped on is level. If not, then the frame of the container may twist enough to cause problems with opening and closing the doors.Also, it's worth knowing the distance from where the delivery truck is going to have to park to where the container is finally going to rest, and making sure their truck mounted crane has sufficient reach.
    Sorry, that was two other things!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Oh,one other thing- make sure the area you're going to get your container dropped on is level. If not, then the frame of the container may twist enough to cause problems with opening and closing the doors.Also, it's worth knowing the distance from where the delivery truck is going to have to park to where the container is finally going to rest, and making sure their truck mounted crane has sufficient reach.
    Sorry, that was two other things!!

Sorry, re-opening an old one... I wanted to know where did you buy your new container?

Thanks
    Raphael

• Advertisement

raphaelS wrote: »
    Sorry, re-opening an old one... I wanted to know where did you buy your new container?

Thanks
    Raphael

After a lot of shopping around, I went with Rushfleet.

http://www.rushfleet.com/

Bought one 20ft from Rushfleet... Happy customer!

Have the prices gone up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You could clad it in shiplap. 6a00d8341c67ce53ef0120a8b571a3970b-500wi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭pavb2

looks nothing like a container does it? Great job.

• Advertisement

Have the prices gone up?

For a new one, this is still same price as in this post from 2007 (!):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54213223&postcount=11
    A 20ft new container delivered anywhere in Dublin will cost eur2650 + VAT = eur3259.50

It was still 2012 when I ordered so I don't know if they went up for 2013, I can't imagine it would much more.

Advertisement