Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moyglas, Lucan

• 01-09-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

Just recently got approved for mortgage and have been looking at houses in Moyglas area of Lucan.

I'm looking for some honest opinions on the area i.e. goods for kids, gangs hang around etc. I've been up the area a couple of times but would like opinions from people who live or know the area.

All comments appreciated, good or bad!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

HI;

Saw a post from you earlier about another estate. Dont know much about Moyglass but they did have an issue with problems on the green there but that could be sorted.

Its worth looking around other areas too, Johnsbridge, Haydens Park and Grange Manor. Grange Manor four beds are big compare to most 4 beds and one is for sale now i think, or maybe its a 3 bed.

Most areas in Lucan are good but you should visit all of them, its what we did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 vinhayes

Thanks AV

Our budget is only 220k so dont think we can afford anywhere near the village. i know we are cutting it a bit tight looking for a place in lucan but we might get lucky.

There is a few in liffey valley park but still unsure about that area from reading various websites. I did drive around the area loads of times, feel like i know it like the back of my hand. the only thing puttin us off is the traveller site and the estate next to it cuille something, can't remember.

any other comments welcome

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Moyglas is a good are, close to school and you can walk to shop..
    Its one of the older states and settled people living there.. few rented
    properties but no issues of heard off....in traffic light rating system.. this state can get a Green light rating :)

The areas i mentioned are in the village.

But TullyHall and Oldfield are other estates on griffeen avenue too.

I know there is a nice two bed for sale in tullyhall. The 2 beds are lovely and big, as used to own one before we moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

OP, Moyglas is a lovely estate. I am born and bred in Lucan and I would definitely consider buying there. The houses are nice and the estate seems quite settled.
    The areas i mentioned are in the village.

Johnsbridge, Haydens Park and Grange Manor? They are as far from the village as Moyglas or Tullyhall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Seen that 2 bed in Tullyhall the other day.... really really nice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

My brother has lived in Moyglas since the houses were built. They really like it. They live across from green, Maybe the one mentioned by a pp. There are always kids playing, (my nieces and nephews are some of them) If you have kids this is nice to see if you don't you might find it annoying,.
    It seems to me to be a lovely estate, handy for public transport, M50, shops, schools, etc.

OP, Moyglas is a lovely estate. I am born and bred in Lucan and I would definitely consider buying there. The houses are nice and the estate seems quite settled.

Johnsbridge, Haydens Park and Grange Manor? They are as far from the village as Moyglas or Tullyhall.

Ment to say not in the village!

I live in one of the above:rolleyes:

roonimirza wrote: »
    Seen that 2 bed in Tullyhall the other day.... really really nice..

Yeah its a lovely house, nice quiet area, gardens at the back are a good size.

I have nothing to do with the house in case people are wondering, just i used to own one a few years ago before i moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frescati

Hi, I live in Liffey Valley Park and we have had no problems coming from the developments you mentioned. It is a nice quiet estate and Anti-Social Behaviour is not an issue. It has a great location as its very handy for the N4/M50, Liffey Valley etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement