Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup Lite Thursday Edition

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Anybody interested in joing me in a friendly league on Thursdays - nothing fancy with rankings as the main Boards Cup, just a league with 7 or 8 teams playing each other with the top 4 going to the playoffs. Register your details here and I'll throw up a website and see about getting it approved by the BR admin. First 8 names get in

1. Ruckingood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The Parrish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Men Who Stare At Goats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Phonehead wrote: »
    Anybody interested in joing me in a friendly league on Thursdays - nothing fancy with rankings as the main Boards Cup, just a league with 7 or 8 teams playing each other with the top 4 going to the playoffs. Register your details here and I'll throw up a website and see about getting it approved by the BR admin. First 8 names get in

1. Ruckingood
    Fair play. No need to make a new competition though. I don't have time to run a boards cup at the moment, so I'll give you the keys to that comp.

1. Ruckingood
    2. The Parrish
    3. Men Who Stare at Goats
    4. Bogwarriors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

1. Ruckingood
    2. The Parrish
    4. Bogwarriors
    5. Wandering Wanderers

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Beltra RFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 johnnybegood26

1. Ruckingood
    2. The Parrish
    4. Bogwarriors
    5. Wandering Wanderers
    6. Beltra
    7. The Jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Thanks Dave. 1 place left up for grabs

THE JACKS SUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

1. Ruckingood
    2. The Parrish
    4. Bogwarriors
    5. Wandering Wanderers
    6. Beltra
    7. The Jacks
    8. everyone likes a tryer

I am right in my memory that he thursday matches don't have any energy implications or training or anything - pure fun?

if so I am in - nothing like a game to give meaning to an otherwise empty week! :D

eoferrall wrote: »
    8. everyone likes a tryer

I am right in my memory that he thursday matches don't have any energy implications or training or anything - pure fun?

if so I am in - nothing like a game to give meaning to an otherwise empty week! :D

Yep. that and all matches are normal intensity.

Grand so I am going to Batter you all! ;)

also is it right that the players play as if perfect even when not? ie energy levels do not exist for these?

• Advertisement

http://boardscuplite.yolasite.com/

Website up, still some small edits re description and what not! check out the trophies and let me know what ye think

Will we play normal league home and away, after 14 games it's decided on who is 1,2 and 3?

Phonehead wrote: »
    http://boardscuplite.yolasite.com/

Website up, still some small edits re description and what not! check out the trophies and let me know what ye think

Will we play normal league home and away, after 14 games it's decided on who is 1,2 and 3?

the trophies look brilliant, well done phonehead! the format seems fine to me also

Cheers, I am swaying towards the alternative Trophies for 1 & 2 - although if truth be known I think the 3rd place plaque is the one I would like to see in my trophy cabinet (there is something old school GAA about it):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I didn't know you could do Thursday matches! Wow cool!

Snooze you lose, fewi! ;)

Phonehead - I like all the trophies... so don't mind as long as they are in my cupboard! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

damn missed this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

ajeffares wrote: »
    damn missed this :mad:

Me too jeff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Would have been interested as well. Nice chance to play with tactics and positions.

Anyone else interested in a bit of plagiarism and setting up a second competition?

If there were to be a second comp, there would have to be an end of season DEATHMATCH between the two winners!

format wise, 14 games home and away sounds good to me. No need for playoffs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Would def join though am a techniphobe so wouldn't be able to offer any help :o

• Advertisement

Fixtures up guys - accept quickly as first game is Thursday

Snooze you lose, fewi! ;)

Phonehead - I like all the trophies... so don't mind as long as they are in my cupboard! ;)

Nah, I'm a fan of reeeeeal games with reeeeeal consequences. You can run around the park for the craic all you like Farrell, but me, I'm in this for the serious yards, the blood, the tears, the sweat, the miniature umbrellas in a range of colourful shades...

... one day you'll understand.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Nah, I'm a fan of reeeeeal games with reeeeeal consequences. You can run around the park for the craic all you like Farrell, but me, I'm in this for the serious yards, the blood, the tears, the sweat, the miniature umbrellas in a range of colourful shades...

... one day you'll understand.

... one day you will catch me in the region rankings.

website updated and league table on show

whats the story with this tournament? hows the website being updated? is there anyone in charge of it?

thanks

Hi mate, all fixtures set until comp finishes! I will update the league table this weekend as it's the half way point and then keep it updated weekly for there on in.

Cool no worries, I know the fixtures are in. I was really wondering how the table stood as I started looking at results but it all effort to keep track of in my head!:D

If you need a hand updating the website I can help (maybe!). I have not done anything like that before, but if it is simply inputting results from BR I am sure I can manage!

... one day you will catch me in the region rankings.

Hopefully if I smash you at some point in the cup... :pac:

Frankie - just busted into the 60 ranking pts!:D whoop whoop! haha!

(i'm waiting for the inevitable loss to sending rapidly sliding downwards!)

• Advertisement

Frankie - just busted into the 60 ranking pts!:D whoop whoop! haha!

(i'm waiting for the inevitable loss to sending rapidly sliding downwards!)

Number 24 in the nation? Wowzers, and you're only number 2 in your league? I can imagine people gunning for ya, like me... I'm a gunnin' for ya, I've already beaten Vitamin G (though that didn't actually get me much ranking gain, and he's still above me. Dastard.) but.. yeah!

Advertisement