Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup Lite Thursday Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Number 24 in the nation? Wowzers, and you're only number 2 in your league? I can imagine people gunning for ya, like me... I'm a gunnin' for ya, I've already beaten Vitamin G (though that didn't actually get me much ranking gain, and he's still above me. Dastard.) but.. yeah!

2nd on pts difference only! ;)

Feeling the hurt of the opening weekend loss now I am:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Table on website updated... this is one tight competition

http://boardscuplite.yolasite.com/

Wowzers it is tight!

Will post the table up this evening, will need to start looking at setting this up for next season - everybody still in? looking for 1 or 2 people who would like to be admin on it also as the reality is the league table should be updated weekly and I just am not getting to it due to my impending move.

Also I would like to extend the tornament to 16 teams and create a second division where the top 2 promote and bottom 2 relegate - also allocate the 4th place plaque to the winner of division 2.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Will post the table up this evening, will need to start looking at setting this up for next season - everybody still in? looking for 1 or 2 people who would like to be admin on it also as the reality is the league table should be updated weekly and I just am not getting to it due to my impending move.

Also I would like to extend the tornament to 16 teams and create a second division where the top 2 promote and bottom 2 relegate - also allocate the 4th place plaque to the winner of division 2.

Sounds good, I am in. Also I can assist with the updating of the website, provided you show/tell me what to do as I have never done it before!! But if it is updating tables and so on I am sure I can manage.

• Advertisement

will sign you up as admin tonight! no going back now

will sign you up as admin tonight! no going back now

NOOOOOOO!:eek:

that's grand - sure fire me on an email with the details, I presume I start contributing next season yeah?:p

Does the thursday matches take form into account? is that the only thing it takes into account?

it ignores energy & injuries, and also gives no training to players, yes?

website updated, final round this Thursday with all positions to play for. Is everyone happy to continue next season?

Is everyone happy to continue next season?

yup, good fun - even if some days I did forget about it!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

website updated, final round this Thursday with all positions to play for. Is everyone happy to continue next season?

yeah me too. Don't care a lot of weeks but used it once or twice for good use!!

probably my fault for not updating the site and keeping interest, with EOF on board and my time now being more free I think we can this into the excercise of hate and one upmanship it deserves! the most boring team award has to go to Dave, serioulsy he beat me into boredom twice!!! Dave try letting your backs play and maybe you will pick up more bonus points;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Can we set up a massive boards.ie Thursday cup for next season? I think the Monday/Thursday split kinda took from the glory of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

What would be cool is if we keep the boards cup for a Monday and possibly do this Boards Cup lite as either a two league system with playoffs between the winners or a two tier league system(with promotion relegation between seasons).

What do people think? I like the idea of expanding the Thursday a bit because some teams (me :() missed out.

I would also be happy to help organise/keep track of things in one of the competitions (I assume I could learn how to update a website, maybe:confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

will there be a thread for joining for next year so i could join

Sold, 16 teams - 2 leagues based on rankings, promotion relegation and play-offs.

Marz and EOF I will set you up as admins on the league and give you access to the site for updating tables... let the hate and bile start, touch wood Dave doesn't bore the life out of everybody next year again;) I know I can't wait to beat a certain mod into submission:D

Sold, 16 teams - 2 leagues based on rankings, promotion relegation and play-offs.

Marz and EOF I will set you up as admins on the league and give you access to the site for updating tables... let the hate and bile start, touch wood Dave doesn't bore the life out of everybody next year again;) I know I can't wait to beat a certain mod into submission:D

Orizio - sure no challange there. everyone beats him now....

Advertisement