Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet / Poor vodafone home broadband service / No response

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

This thread was originally moved to the vodafone forum 5 days ago which is fine but they chose to ignore my queries for 5 days,we have since been cut of from the internet for the last two days without explanation,i consider this more a consumer issue now.i cant post direct link to thread on this mobile phone so i will just post my original post for the moment if ok---Hi,any thoughts appreciated,we were with bt for a year with no probs,fast 3mb broadband connection.-could stream media.,access hotmail instantly etc. Bascically we were happy with the service we were paying for
    -we were told by numerous letters that vodafone were taking over from bt- and that we did not have to do anyting and that the service would not change-except ever since the 1 day we changed our broadband details with vodafone- our broadband went to hell ie extremely slow,random disconnections,we had no reason not to believe them and we thought this may have been a temp chang over prob,
    Then we began to believe that our terrible slow connection was because our computer was too old and rubbish,it was 10 years old so this was true!
    ,so we put up with it for a few months- -eventually decided to spend alot on a new computer expecting a much improved difference in our internet as well--except it made no difference at all-it still took us over 20 seconds to access hotmail, we could not stream media without immediate disruption- added onto this we had constant unexplainable disconnections,freezing- to sum up,we had a fast reliabe service with bt , now we have the opposite with vodafone,.we are actually posting from . mobile now .Vodafone are pretty much saying tough ****,that they are advertising UP to 3mb and that our line is faulty,even though it was very able up and until we changed login details with vodafone, how should we proceed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

This thread was originally moved to the vodafone forum 5 days ago which is fine but they chose to ignore my queries for 5 days. We have since been cut of from the internet for the last two days without explanation. I consider this more a consumer issue now.

I cant post direct link to thread on this mobile phone so i will just post my original post for the moment if ok.
    Hi, any thoughts appreciated. We were with BT for a year with no probs, fast 3mb broadband connection. Could stream media, access Hotmail instantly etc.

Basically we were happy with the service we were paying for. We were told by numerous letters that Vodafone were taking over from BT and that we did not have to do anyting and that the service would not change. However, ever since the 1 day we changed our broadband details with vodafone, our broadband went to hell ie extremely slow, random disconnections. We had no reason not to believe them and we thought this may have been a temp chang over prob.

Then we began to believe that our terrible slow connection was because our computer was too old and rubbish. It was 10 years old so this was true!

We put up with it for a few months and eventually decided to spend a lot on a new computer expecting a much improved difference in our internet as well... Except it made no difference at all. It still took us over 20 seconds to access hotmail, we could not stream media without immediate disruption. Added onto this we had constant unexplainable disconnections, freezing.

To sum up, we had a fast reliabe service with BT, now we have the opposite with Vodafone. We are actually posting from mobile now. Vodafone are pretty much saying tough ****,that they are advertising UP to 3mb and that our line is faulty,even though it was very able up and until we changed login details with vodafone, how should we proceed?

There you go. You're initial posting was VERY hard to read. I've fixed it for you.

Simples. Tell Vodafone, there were NO issues on your connection and now there are. Don't get abusive. Be nice but firm. Don't accept crap off them that your line is faulty. If they think it;'s faulty then they are obliged to get eircom out to fix it. Tell them to do this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Thanks for the repsonse and fixing that up RangeR ,that was posted via mobile phone so that is why it looks pretty bad .Will fix that now

Two things have happened since starting this thread

Our internet connection is now working allthough alot slower than before, and we have finally gotten a response from vodafone , allthough an unacceptable one in my view .

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056012156

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

RangeR - Please leave the modding to the moderators. If you had an issue with a post, then please use the Report Post functionality

dudara

...blah...
    I've replied here as you have too many threads open on this one subject and it's hard for me to follow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement