Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

here we go..

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

35 yo male - tried numerous times to give them up. Always failing through the normal routes i.e. going for a pint and getting urges to smoke and then convincing myself it's ok to have one.

It really gets me down so I have to try again - reseting the non-smoker in me today and looking to really do it this time. I'm trying to get fit and I'm doing well - down to about 11st10 and maybe I can can keep the weight off when giving up but not sure.

Started when I was 12/13 - so I've been smoking over 20 years. I absolutely hate the things and cant believe I still do it.

Sometimes I find the idea of day to day non-smoking ok - but its the thought of never ever ever having one again that gets me. Thinking about holidays /nights out without smoking is tough - I just hope that the longer I can stay off the less frequent those thoughts will be.

Anyhow - I know I'll be a lot happier without them so here goes...:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Good Luck - log in to boards.ie if you need support.
    I am 39, smoked 20 carrolls a day, smoking 25 yrs, non-smoker 8 weeks!
    It isn't easy but it isn't impossible either. It gets easier for sure as the days pass and now I really like the fact that I don't smoke.

I wish you all the best with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

One day at a time MrO. I wish you the very best with your quit, come on here and have a wee rant whenever you want to :).

Sounds like you have very good reasons to stop smoking, drink water and exercise and don't keep sweets/chocolate/crisps etc in the house. The cravings pass without the need to shove a mars bar in your mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

How's it going MrO ?

Advertisement