Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Power Meter

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

billy.fish wrote: »

So they haven't done the field testing???? This is just vapourware then.

Also the polar head units will only allow 5 hours of 1s power recording. 3 if using GPS. Although they will *actually* do HR properly until the limitations of ANT+ (assuming its the ANT+ as if Garmin own the standard and they can't implement can anyone?)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

tunney wrote: »
    So they haven't done the field testing???? This is just vapourware then.

Also the polar head units will only allow 5 hours of 1s power recording. 3 if using GPS. Although they will *actually* do HR properly until the limitations of ANT+ (assuming its the ANT+ as if Garmin own the standard and they can't implement can anyone?)

It's actually 6 hours with speed, cadence and power enabled (HR is enabled automatically even if you chose to were a chest strap or not - how dumb is that?). 3hrs 30 mins if the gps is also enabled. This is for the CS600x which is what I use.

6hours..... thats a bit poo innit.

Fair enough the data will be fine, but 6 hours. Not going to get much interest from the IM/audax/ultramarathon crew at all then.

Fair enough the data will be fine, but 6 hours. Not going to get much interest from the IM/audax/ultramarathon crew at all then.

Absolutely pathetic and as tunney pointed out the situation even more chronic if you use gps. I really thought they would learn their lesson with the CS600 but clearly they didn't. However one thing I will say in their defence is that when they build a device it does exactly what it is supposed to do unlike the garmin devices which go out as betaware.

ktz84 wrote: »
    It's actually 6 hours with speed, cadence and power enabled (HR is enabled automatically even if you chose to were a chest strap or not - how dumb is that?). 3hrs 30 mins if the gps is also enabled. This is for the CS600x which is what I use.

Okay 5:40 if we are being pedantic. :)

Or racers.

The word "novelty" in the polar press release makes sense now.

To be fair, more so inapplicable for non racers. Not a huge amount of RR's are over 6 hours in this country.

You'd know that if you'd ever done one ;)

To be fair, more so inapplicable for non racers. Not a huge amount of RR's are over 6 hours in this country.

You'd know that if you'd ever done one ;)

I meant from a traing point of view. The races may be short but the training isn't.

You'd know that if you trained properly.

• Advertisement

Okay 5:40 if we are being pedantic. :)

OK 5:40 with R-R however 6 hours without it. Polar don't even recommend R-R recording whilst training :D

I meant from a traing point of view. The races may be short but the training isn't.

You'd know that if you trained properly.

Awwww who's a wittle bit gwumpy today.

Training long duration for Irish racing scene is not necessary a major plus point. You train time for the time you race. intensity for intensity, time for time. Junk miles mean nowt.

You'd know that if you used your PM for more than a pacing tool :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Yeah Tunney, the more I read about the Polar/Look system, and the few comments from Metrigear, I think ( hope ) Metrigear are still doing it on their own, fingers crossed for €1K pedal based power meter.

Advertisement