Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB to be cut!!

• 01-09-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    I received a letter yesterday to say my jobseekers benefit will be cut in a few weeks.
    I am currently working week on/week of as these are the only hours available for me. I started on a flexible contract when extra hours (mostly full time) was available but this is not the case anymore so I am working week on/week off all the time.
    I am however available for work on my week off and even done a beautician course in 2008 but cant find work in this industry either to slot in with my week on.
    Any advice?
    I rang them and they said i have enough stamps but my hours have been cut (week on/week off) for so long that these are classed as my "regular" hours.
    I will not qualify for JS Allowance on a means test as mu husband is also working
    Thanks

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you could try to change the hours to two or three days a week then you would probably keep it because the rule is
    Be unemployed (you must be fully unemployed or unemployed for at least 3 days in 6)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

because you are on Job Seekers Benefit you must have a substanial loss of employment, this is defined as follows:

from Welfare page on JSB
    you must have lost at least one day's employment and as a result of this loss be unemployed for at least 3 days out of 6 days. Your earnings must also have been reduced because of the loss of employment.

So you have been receving JSB now for over a Year, and your entitlement is drawing to a close, however you could requalify because of the number of stamps you have paid from a certain point of your claim(i think it is the 156 paid day, but i could be worng on that).

However this is where substainal loss comes in. They have looked at your claim, and seeing as week on/week off seems to be your new standard, there is no loss of employment.

the 3 in 6 rule does not really apply here.

Advertisement