Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in An Spideal

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi I've just moved to Spiddal and would love to learn (relearn Irish). Is anyone else interested? I had ok spoken irish when at school but havent really done much since (nearly 20 years..) I cant find any lessons but thought if there was a few people interested it might be easier to find a teacher. I know there used to be classes in An Cruscian L'an and thought it would be nice to get that going again.

I wonder would it make sense to put this thread in Galway city too? Or is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is already a thread in city that you posted in. That will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 muldoocs

No problem - I was just wondering if it is possible for one thread to exist in under both headings rather than two seperate threads. obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, posting a thread in several forums is considered spamming.

Btw, go in to Hughes, they'll speak Irish to you in there. Might be a few flyers up in the shops too.
    Practice in this forum too.

Cheers! - will try those. Just trying to pluck up the courage. Everytime I open my mouth I get scared and english comes out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

biko wrote: »
    No, posting a thread in several forums is considered spamming.

Btw, go in to Hughes, they'll speak Irish to you in there. Might be a few flyers up in the shops too.
    Practice in this forum too.

Good call on Hughes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I knew someone who did this a few years ago and I finally asked them where. They said that the classes were very informal and were in this pub . Ring them and ask about it.

Cheers Sponge Bob I'll give that a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

check out the 'seanscoile' in inverin. i think they have classes.

Advertisement