Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Bond St in Dublin 8 a safe area to live in?

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Im looking at an apartment on Bond Street. Has anybody any input into whether it is an alright part. Its supposedly 4 minutes away from Fatima luas stop. Iv heard roumers about Fatima but cant say Iv ever been there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Yep. I've lived in the area (James Walk) for the last 2 years and I pass down Bond St every day on my cycle to work. The area's grand. You get the odd few "track-suited youths" hanging around ocassionally, but they're harmless. I've never had any problems and neither has my gf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Grand area, I get the Luas to college, work, etc... from Fatima at all times of the morning, day and night and never had have problems. As eightyfish there does be a few "track-suited youths" hanging about in the area, but you'll get that everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Mates lived there, got broken into a few times, ended up moving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 braf89

thanks for the replies I might go have a look at it so. hopefully it'l be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Not great, you'll need to keep your wits about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

it's not a brilliant area but it's not the worst.

when my OH lived on james street i used to cycle up there to work (cork street) and while most of the time it was fine one morning (7am) three guys rammed a bike into mine trying to push me off... also one night the OH had half full beer cans lobbed at his head while he cycled passed a group of "tracksuited youths"...a few of these kinds of things going on a bit i think.

there is good and bad everywhere you go, on the plus side you will wake up at 4/5am with the smell of guinness in your room, i always loved this!

Advertisement