Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime scene down Raleigh Row

Options
  • 01-09-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

As I was driving to work this morning, down Raleigh Row, I got stopped at the end of the one way street. A ban Garda told me the road was closed as it was a crime scene. (Make more since to stop the cars at the top of the road).

Any idea what was going on?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Telephone the Garda station and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is on www.galwaynews.ie, bookmark it.
    TWO PEOPLE HELD FOR QUESTIONING FOLLOWING ASSAULT IN CITY
    September 1, 2010 - 9:11am

A man and a woman are being held for questioning at Milstreet Garda station following an assault on a man in the city this morning.

The alleged assault took place at around 3am along Raleigh row, down the west side of the city.

The man was taken to University Hospital Galway, and a Garda spokesperson says his injuries are not-life threatening.

Scenes of crime are now examining the scene at Raleigh row, and the area has been blocked off to ALL traffic until later this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

snubbleste wrote: »
    Telephone the Garda station and ask

Touchy

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Touchy

Not really - it's not wise for boards.ie to discuss any ongoing criminal matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What he said ^^. No names or similar that may influence a future trial.
    Feel free to discuss official news reported by the papers.

• Advertisement

I live on the end of that street, I'm just a concerned about what had happened. I wasn't asking who done it or trying to "influence a future trial". My first thoughts was of a car crash. I merely wanted to know what had happened in my neighborhood. When I checked Galwaynews.ie this morning there was nothing reported so I asked the people of Galway. I also think it would have been wiser to stop the cars at the top of the road, as I had to reverse all the way back to the T junction, If I drove up the incorrect way on a one way street and had a accidence I would have been at fault.

Thank you biko for answering my question.
    I hope the injured party has a speedy recovery.

As the OP I hope this tread can now be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

geez, the school run must have been mayhem this morning then! (I used to live at the top of that road, too, and am shocked that this kind of stuff could happen in that neighbourhood. Drunk little sh*ts kicking off mirrors is one thing, but alleged stabbings?)

galah wrote: »
    geez, the school run must have been mayhem this morning then! (I used to live at the top of that road, too, and am shocked that this kind of stuff could happen in that neighbourhood. Drunk little sh*ts kicking off mirrors is one thing, but stabbings?)

Better not talk about what happened.

My girlfriend told me it was mental this morning with cars. The 4x4 mummies we're too pleased. Of course tell didn't tell the kids why the road was closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Someone got stabbed I think!:confused:

Advertisement