Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital Visits

Options
  • 01-09-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I had my first consultant visit about 3 weeks ago and when I was leaving made an appointments at reception but its for the mid-wives clinic at the end of this month. Can anyone tell me is this is the norm or should they just have booked me in for another consultant visit? Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Are you going public? If so you are probably better off going to the midwives clinic than attending the out-patients clinic. You are only guaranteed to see a consultant if you go private. A consultant will usually see you for your first visit if you are going to Holles St, but after that it is unlikely that you will see a consultant and if you do it is unlikely to be the same one as before.

Also, are you doing combined care? If so you should only have to attend the hospital every 8 weeks and see your GP in between (so you are seen every 4 weeks but alternating between your GP and the hospital)

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liv09

Yup I am indeed going public in the Coombe and combined care. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm doing public combine care in the coombe and my 1st visit was with a midwife, next 1 with a consultant, got an app with my doctor next wk and a hospital app for early oct. I'm assuming that's with a midwife. So far so good and I find the midwives lovely and personable and they give you lots of time. My consultant was lovely too but she had a lot of patients to get through when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liv09

@ How Strange - I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same appointments. Thats grand - has put my mind at ease. All the staff that I have encountered in the Coombe have been very friendly and helpful. The amount of people waiting to be seen is mad. But they manage to get through everyone as quickly as possible with no fuss.

Advertisement