Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 11th Sept - Gypsy Rose Rock 'N' Blues Bar - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

If we have to go around introducing ourselves by our usernames, there will be very few there.

"I.D?.......What age are you?"

"20"

"whats your name?"

"GizAgoOfYerGee"

The only people who will be allowed in are Keira, Dav, Dave, Darragh"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm a bit tied up for the next few months so don't know when I get to venture to Dublin again. Never been to beers, if I do I have changed my username by then!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I may be staying and sulking due to the fact that I will NOT be at Electric Picnic and I will NOT see leftfield on saturday night.

Its alright there bud. I didn't get to go to Oxegen and I'm still sulking about it. A booze up any night of the week can also be fun, without the cost of camping in a muddy field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »
    I wish I had hair to wash.... :(

Hair on guys is over rated. shaved heads is where its at ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kiera wrote: »
    Hair on guys is over rated. shaved heads is where its at ;)

Wooo hooo......you don't get more shaved than mine!!!!
    *Has spring in his step now*

Make sure the Beers is not organised for the night before the All Ireland football final, we might end up with some Cork people at it :p:D

Joke btw!

• Advertisement

Its alright there bud. I didn't get to go to Oxegen and I'm still sulking about it. A booze up any night of the week can also be fun, without the cost of camping in a muddy field.

You didn't go to Oxegen? It was epic. Can't believe you missed it :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You didn't go to Oxegen? It was epic. Can't believe you missed it :eek:

I wanted to and was raging I missed it. I heard it was absolutely epic all together. I'll see what the line up is for next year and if it's as good as this years was, I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

So then...

Beers eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

mojesius wrote: »
    Ooops (whoopsadaisy) I thought Donkey Oaty was taking the p1ss out of my phrasing, I didn't know there was a user called whoopsadaisydoodles. Hello!

Not at all, mojesuis. I want to know the answer to your question too.

I'm only going if I can call Biggins Biggins, Outlaw Pete Pete, Terry Terry, Slasher McGurk Slasher, Dr Bolloko The Doctor and Links234 Linksy or "That rather foxy lady over there".

What does everyone else do?

It usually goes hi I'm *insert real life name here*, quickly followed by your boards name, then back to your RL name til we get so drunk we can't remember either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Remember the snug times?

I Still recon we could of fit 50 in there :pac:
    mojesius wrote: »
    18th of Sept would be marvellous.

Hmm... The Gentlemans Club have a beers on that date planned as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Friday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm unavailable every weekend this september.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I may be staying and sulking due to the fact that I will NOT be at Electric Picnic and I will NOT see leftfield on saturday night.

The redneck manifesto are still better

orourkeda wrote: »
    The redneck manifesto are still better

I would like the opportunity to decide that for
    myself!

I can do Friday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

If you're a leftfield fan I would imagine that you will be staying at home thanking God that something transpired to stop you having to spend a night in a tent, while sitting nostalgically sipping a glass of wine beside the fire playing Leftism and remembering good nights in Sides, The Asylum, Sir Henry's, The temple of Sound or the Galway equivalent.

As a Stone Roses fan with rickets who constantly bemoans the lack of a reunion gig, I feel I have the right to say this.:pac::(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

As a Stone Roses fan with rickets who constantly bemoans the lack of a reunion gig, I feel I have the right to say this.:pac::(

Please let that reunion gig happen, ffs we've waited long enough

stbrennan wrote: »
    If we have to go around introducing ourselves by our usernames, there will be very few there.

"I.D?.......What age are you?"

"20"

"whats your name?"

"GizAgoOfYerGee"

The only people who will be allowed in are Keira, Dav, Dave, Darragh"

True. I can't imagine whether I'm wearing runners or shoes would be the dealbreaker in this conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiera wrote: »
    I fractured my ankle on the way to the last one so its a sign that I'm never to go to one.

but now you qualify for the Special Olympics with your big club foot!!

kfallon wrote: »
    Please let that reunion gig happen, ffs we've waited long enough

Can't see it happening soon. Like The Undertones or The Beatles early skiffle stuff, it's young people's music. The lads are in their forties. A very insecure time for people in case they get accused of trying to hold on to their fading youth. Paul McCartney can do it now, cos he's comfortable in his skin (and older), it'll be a while before Feargal Sharkey or John Squire are that comfortable IMO.

• Advertisement

I Still recon we could of fit 50 in there :pac:

Hmm... The Gentlemans Club have a beers on that date planned as well.

Yup. And if we'd known that the record wasn't on we wouldn't have had to break Kiera's ankle just to make sure she'd fit. I do wish that people who state on polls that they will be there would either honour their promises or at least post on the day that they can't make it. It was a complete waste of Norris McWhirter's time, not to mention the A&E department.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

it'll be a while before Feargal Sharkey or John Squire are that comfortable IMO.

Squire will never return to music, he's already stated it was a seminal thing n is making a comfortable living as an actual artist. claimed music is a young man's game.. approaching 50 int' he - was the only real brains in that group imo.

btw i watched their last show from beside the drumkit :p was poor apparently. drank with mounfield on the bus all day

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

um... can i come too? :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Erica<3 wrote: »
    um... can i come too? :o

Hell yeah..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Links234 Linksy or "That rather foxy lady over there".

well, you can call me whatever you want ;)

won't be going for beers though, I'd be afraid of a gathering like that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Links234 wrote: »
    well, you can call me whatever you want ;)

won't be going for beers though, I'd be afraid of a gathering like that :o

I hope you reconsider - I'm sure you'd get a warm reception.

but now you qualify for the Special Olympics with your big club foot!!

They even rejected me. I'm that gimpy!

/<3 the Stone Roses!

Yup. And if we'd known that the record wasn't on we wouldn't have had to break Kiera's ankle just to make sure she'd fit. I do wish that people who state on polls that they will be there would either honour their promises or at least post on the day that they can't make it. It was a complete waste of Norris McWhirter's time, not to mention the A&E department.

:D

2 more weeks and i wont be gimpy anymore \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I hope you reconsider - I'm sure you'd get a warm reception.

I'm sure I would, but I really don't go out much, and I'm way too shy and nervous for meeting up with a load of strangers I've never met before. well, that's a bit scary :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

AH beers on the 11th of September in the Hairy Lemon. Be there from 8pm.

There you go.
    It's that easy.

Here's a map.

Advertisement