Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 11th Sept - Gypsy Rose Rock 'N' Blues Bar - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I'll feel like a big loner arriving all on my own... Or worse, be the youngest person there!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Erica<3 wrote: »
    I'll feel like a big loner arriving all on my own... Or worse, be the youngest person there!
    Most of the people who go to these things are very friendly and are quite welcoming.
    All you have to do is look for the large group of people talking to each other and introduce yourself.

If you feel that you may be intimidated by going there, then bring a friend along, or arrange to meet up with another person from boards beforehand.

Never be afraid to attend a boards event. The vast majority of people are extremely nice.

Terry wrote: »
    Most of the people who go to these things are very friendly and are quite welcoming.
    All you have to do is look for the large group of people talking to each other and introduce yourself.

If you feel that you may be intimidated by going there, then bring a friend along, or arrange to meet up with another person from boards beforehand.

Never be afraid to attend a boards event. The vast majority of people are extremely nice.

Thanks :) The only thing that's turning me off it now is the fact the Hairy Lemon closes at half 11 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Thanks :) The only thing that's turning me off it now is the fact the Hairy Lemon closes at half 11 :pac:

Yeah it does, Was there last Sat night - They boot you straight out the door right after last orders aswell ...no messing around in there.

They also have what i believe to be the most unhappiest, unfriendly, grumpiest looking barman in Dublin 1/2.Older guy, Think he might be the Manager:rolleyes:

Still it's a great spot for mingling:D

If you're a leftfield fan I would imagine that you will be staying at home thanking God that something transpired to stop you having to spend a night in a tent, while sitting nostalgically sipping a glass of wine beside the fire playing Leftism and remembering good nights in Sides, The Asylum, Sir Henry's, The temple of Sound or the Galway equivalent.

As a Stone Roses fan with rickets who constantly bemoans the lack of a reunion gig, I feel I have the right to say this.:pac::(

:pac:

I don't have rickets but I'm a big stone roses fan!

• Advertisement

Ok. Someone suggest a different location then.

There was a great one a couple of years back. I'd suggest going there, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Can someone just wear a sign saying a boards sign so i know who i'm going to? :pac:

There was a great one a couple of years back. I'd suggest going there, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Hairy Lemon woulda been good tbh, where abouts is this place you speak of Terry??

T.P. Smiths.
    Map

Long Haul on Aungier? Or maybe that would be a tad too small... Foggy Dew?

• Advertisement

T.P. Smiths.
    Map

Nice map, NORTHSIDE EH?!!!!!!

Does'nt really matter where it is does it?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

T.P. Smiths.
    Map

That is a good spot! Had a few good nights in there with you, lanky :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

When was it decided that Dublin would be the location :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm sure I would, but I really don't go out much, and I'm way too shy and nervous for meeting up with a load of strangers I've never met before. well, that's a bit scary :eek:

I have been to a few beers and didn't know anybody, Had great fun and made some good friends out of it. Be brave, all will be well.

Funnily enough I'll be in Dublin on the 11th, may pop in for a beer or 5.

mstan wrote: »
    When was it decided that Dublin would be the location :confused:
    When every one realised that the rest of the country has a really poor transport system and that not too many people are willing to travel to Cork.

There are plenty of regional beers happening all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gypsy Rose supposed to be a good spot. That's where they ended up at the impromptu beers a few weeks ago and I've heard really good reports about it from a few people. Great music, cheap drinks.

I have been to a few beers and didn't know anybody, Had great fun and made some good friends out of it. Be brave, all will be well.

Funnily enough I'll be in Dublin on the 11th, may pop in for a beer or 5.
    Ok. Go and sticky this or make an announcement or something.
    I'll ring T.P. smiths tomorrow to organise space.

Are you up for that?

Ok. Go and sticky this or make an announcement or something.
    I'll ring T.P. smiths tomorrow to organise space.

Are you up for that?

Sure, I'll sticky it.

Gypsy Rose supposed to be a good spot. That's where they ended up at the impromptu beers a few weeks ago and I've heard really good reports about it from a few people. Great music, cheap drinks.
    Mickey Dolenz is the active mod. I'd suggest he make a poll for venues.
    Cheap beer is always a good draw. :)

I'm willing to call the venues and see what they can offer.
    I'm not going to name him, but I know of a certain AH regular who has worked in several pubs around Dublin, so mmaybe he can sort something out.

You know who you are. Do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Taking nice to a whole new level!

:P

• Advertisement

Sure, I'll sticky it.

\o/

Taking nice to a whole new level!

:P
    I don't know what that means.

Mickey Dolenz is the active mod. I'd suggest he make a poll for venues.
    Cheap beer is always a good draw. :)

ah man, I didn't sign up for polls and the like :P

What are the options?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

What about that even better one which included Mise?
    That was good. Cos I was there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't know what that means.

On a scale of...

Nice<
    >Really Nice<
    >Extremely Nice

:pac:

bronte wrote: »
    What about that even better one which included Mise?
    That was good. Cos I was there.
    I'll never forget that you saved me that night.
    That pub is closed now, but the memory of you saving me that night will live on as long as I live.

Here's the story:
    I hopped on a nightlink on Westmoreland street. I asked the driver if he was going to Leixlip. He said yes.
    10 minutes later I looked out the window and saw that I was on a bus headed to somewhere on the Northside of Dublin.
    I walked back to Westmoreland street and met Bronte and another boardsie. Both were heading to Leixlip, but there were no more buses.

Bronte paid my taxi fare home because I only had about €3 left.

Having had to walk home from Dublin one night many years ago, I will forever thank Bronte for saving me from the pain of blistered feet and sore legs.

I'll never forget that you saved me that night.
    That pub is closed now, but the memory of you saving me that night will live on as long as I live.

Here's the story:
    I hopped on a nightlink on Westmoreland street. I asked the driver if he was going to Leixlip. He said yes.
    10 minutes later I looked out the window and saw that I was on a bus headed to somewhere on the Northside of Dublin.
    I walked back to Westmoreland street and met Bronte and another boardsie. Both were heading to Leixlip, but there were no more buses.

Bronte paid my taxi fare home because I only had about €3 left.

Having had to walk home from Dublin one night many years ago, I will forever thank Bronte for saving me from the pain of blistered feet and sore legs.

Savage, can i share a taxi home with you lot then?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I will go to this, no matter what else happens, I WILL be going to it! :D

Savage, can i share a taxi home with you lot then?? :P
    Yes. Back to my house. giggidy.

Sorry. I'm watching Family Guy at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yes. Back to my house. giggidy.

Sorry. I'm watching Family Guy at the moment.

Nah you're just being randy, Terry methinks ;)

Stop using Quagmire as an excuse and thinking you can get away with it just because you're a mod, power doesn't impress me :P

Advertisement