Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 11th Sept - Gypsy Rose Rock 'N' Blues Bar - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Terry wrote: »
    I'll never forget that you saved me that night.
    That pub is closed now, but the memory of you saving me that night will live on as long as I live.

Here's the story:
    I hopped on a nightlink on Westmoreland street. I asked the driver if he was going to Leixlip. He said yes.
    10 minutes later I looked out the window and saw that I was on a bus headed to somewhere on the Northside of Dublin.
    I walked back to Westmoreland street and met Bronte and another boardsie. Both were heading to Leixlip, but there were no more buses.

Bronte paid my taxi fare home because I only had about €3 left.

Having had to walk home from Dublin one night many years ago, I will forever thank Bronte for saving me from the pain of blistered feet and sore legs.

Ah is Karma gone?
    3 euro pints...pretty sweet deal.
    A load of us had gone for indian food somewhere in temple bar.....just as well we found each other. That would have been an awful trek home.
    Must've got in the door circa 6am.
    Twas a good night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have been to a few beers and didn't know anybody, Had great fun and made some good friends out of it. Be brave, all will be well.

Thanks Micky but I'm just way too shy/nervous for that, :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bronte wrote: »
    Ah is Karma gone?
    3 euro pints...pretty sweet deal.
    A load of us had gone for indian food somewhere in temple bar.....just as well we found each other. That would have been an awful trek home.
    Must've got in the door circa 6am.
    Twas a good night!
    I remember walking past everyone going for the Indian meal. Several people stopped me and asked me to go for the meal, but I was just focused on getting home
    It was a great night though.
    Kudos to Degsy for organising the venue that night.

Links234 wrote: »
    Thanks Micky but I'm just way too shy/nervous for that, :o

The crazy right wing fundamentalists never show up.
    There may be one person who won't talk to you, but the majority of people will we welcoming.

Should anyone give you any grief, then all you have to do is talk to the sane people there. They will politely ask that person to leave due to their intolerance.

The first boards beers I went to had a bit of trouble.
    It was a Christmas beers and there was a charity auction for the SSF.
    One generous person brought along a Wii (which was new at the time) for auction. Someone, who wasn't a boardsie, started a fight with that person. The non member was promptly ejected from the premisis.

Don't allow the Right wing AH fundamentalists to put you off going to an AH beers. Those ****ers are generally too scared to show their faces in public. They just hide behind their keyboards and spew their bile from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

When every one realised that the rest of the country has a really poor transport system and that not too many people are willing to travel to Cork.

There are plenty of regional beers happening all the time.

:(

• Advertisement

from reading that thread im thinking everyone is roughly 18-20 and heads to Havanahs, oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

In fairness, (apparently) we live in a part of Kildare that has a bus and rail system that can have you in town in 40 mins. They can't exactly say the same for cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I don't think i'll make this one, but if i'm about,i'll go!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

ShadowGal wrote: »
    from reading that thread im thinking everyone is roughly 18-20 and heads to Havanahs, oh well
    Nah most of us who attend beers would be between 18-whatever really...get quite a good mix of people all of whom I've met so far are just great people :)

I'm not sure if I'll be around for this, we'll see...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Whats the venue. I'm too lazy to read the entire thread tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

My thesis is due on the 14th. I can't go :(

Erica<3 wrote: »
    In fairness, (apparently) we live in a part of Kildare that has a bus and rail system that can have you in town in 40 mins. They can't exactly say the same for cork.

Yeah, but Cork is a hole.
    According to this thread, 48% of the users here live in Dublin. It's only natural that the AH beers would be held there.

Hey, it could be worse.
    Imagine subjecting the good people of AH to the horror that is Zinc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Thanks :) The only thing that's turning me off it now is the fact the Hairy Lemon closes at half 11 :pac:

I believe there's an extension for world record breakers. Btw be sure to look in the snug cos you might miss us if you were just walking around the pub. We'll be easily visible from the road. We'll be the ones looking like cuddly toys crammed into that claw machine where you tried to pick up the tenner in the tube and realised after wasting 90p that it wasn't viable.
    And if my hand/face/elbow isn't where it should have been, I'm not getting fresh, just hoping for "Guinness World Record" slippy late pints.:pac:

Chocolate

According to this thread, 48% of the users here live in Dublin. It's only natural that the AH beers would be held there.

Hey, it could be worse.

well feck you too :cool:

Hey, it could be worse.

I have never graced Zinc with my prescence and i never will! I'm afraid i'll come out with some disease or something...

Gypsy Rose supposed to be a good spot. That's where they ended up at the impromptu beers a few weeks ago and I've heard really good reports about it from a few people. Great music, cheap drinks.

Yup. Thanks to "The Master" for that one. Let us in late, beer was cheaper than in the Hairy Lemon, and IIRC they didn't charge us a cover fee either. Winner alright.

Yup. Thanks to "The Master" for that one. Let us in late, beer was cheaper than in the Hairy Lemon, and IIRC they didn't charge us a cover fee either. Winner alright.
    Time for an AH mod to throw a poll up, I think.
    Not Biko though. :)

Taking nice to a whole new level!

:P
    I don't know what that means.

You've obviously never been upside down in a snug tetris-style trying to break a world record while asking Windsock's bum if her mother still plays bridge with your auntie.

Savage, can i share a taxi home with you lot then?? :P

Young lady who uses "Savage" instead of "Awesome". If we have to kidnap you, you'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The crazy right wing fundamentalists never show up.
    There may be one person who won't talk to you, but the majority of people will we welcoming.

Should anyone give you any grief, then all you have to do is talk to the sane people there. They will politely ask that person to leave due to their intolerance.

The first boards beers I went to had a bit of trouble.
    It was a Christmas beers and there was a charity auction for the SSF.
    One generous person brought along a Wii (which was new at the time) for auction. Someone, who wasn't a boardsie, started a fight with that person. The non member was promptly ejected from the premisis.

Don't allow the Right wing AH fundamentalists to put you off going to an AH beers. Those ****ers are generally too scared to show their faces in public. They just hide behind their keyboards and spew their bile from there.

thanks for the reassurances Terry, but really, it's not really right wing types I'd be afraid of running in to

I'm just a terribly shy/anxious person and even if I had the confidence to just come along to a gathering of internet strangers, I wouldn't be able to make this one anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Links234 wrote: »
    thanks for the reassurances Terry, but really, it's not really right wing types I'd be afraid of running in to

I'm just a terribly shy/anxious person and even if I had the confidence to just come along to a gathering of internet strangers, I wouldn't be able to make this one anyway. :)

Ah you just get someone to meet you beforehand. Simples!! The last AH beers was a great laugh. I came in late and half cut but still, it was grrrrrrrrreat!

Young lady who uses "Savage" instead of "Awesome". If we have to kidnap you, you'll be there.
    Savage :D

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah you just get someone to meet you beforehand. Simples!! The last AH beers was a great laugh. I came in late and half cut but still, it was grrrrrrrrreat!

Sure your name isn't Tony? :pac:

Sure your name isn't Tony? :pac:

:confused:

Oh I get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Larianne wrote: »

Yesss!

Some people had newbie pre-drinks before the last AH beers, was a great idea and it might help ease you into the idea that you're meeting a few random internet weirdos strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I have never graced Zinc with my prescence and i never will! I'm afraid i'll come out with some disease or something...
    You're lucky...I've been and lived to tell the tale a few times now:eek: Mustn't have caught anything or I'd be worm food at this stage:pac:
    Time for an AH mod to throw a poll up, I think.
    Not Biko though. :)
    Aye, if that happens I can guess the poll options:

Neachtains
    CP's
    Cuba
    Bar 409
    Crusty Corner
    Massimos
    Other

:pac:

Poll should be multiple choice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Carlow ey? So off to Superrush's then is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ah christ ye're not actually gonna come to Carlow are ye

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    Ah christ ye're not actually gonna come to Carlow are ye

Oooh never been to the Foundry! :pac:

Advertisement