Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 11th Sept - Gypsy Rose Rock 'N' Blues Bar - Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Is the Long Haul supposed to be the Long Hall or is some other new trendy place?

I think it is the pub for the country folk to go to, of they decide to make the journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

super-rush wrote: »
    This better work.

I like how Carlow's now the first choice...just in case people miss it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The 11th has been knocked around... so when ever that's happening.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is the Long Haul supposed to be the Long Hall or is some other new trendy place?

Gotcha covered on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why've all the votes disappeared? :confused:

are the mods just making new polls when the results aren't going the way they want? :pac:

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Why've all the votes disappeared? :confused:

are the mods just making new polls when the results aren't going the way they want? :pac:

Because they screwed up the first time!

Because they screwed up the first time!

Ah! Nothing new there sure. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I like how Carlow's now the first choice...just in case people miss it :pac:

I'm just making sure its fair ;)

The 11th might not be a good choice for some people.

*wink wink*
    Sekrit beers remember.

Because super-rush screwed up the first time!

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

*wink wink*
    Sekrit beers remember.

Sekrit beers eh?

They make those Swiss watches don't they? Do they have a forum on boards?

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sekrit beers eh?

They make those Swiss watches don't they? Do they have a forum on boards?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Is that poll not a bit disingenuous dividing the choices between a few venues in Dublin and a town outside Dublin?

That said there's still more votes for Carlow than the Dublin venues combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

TheZohan wrote: »
    I voted for Carlow too, only an hour by train from Dublin.

IF it get's the most votes have tons of space where people can crash.

I'd stay on that little island thingy down by the river. Spent a good day drinking there many years ago after applying for a place in the IT (got it, but then stuff happened and couldn't attend).
    A friend was going to the IT at the time, so I met up with him. As he was a typical student, he was broke, so I had to spend the money I had on cans for both of us instead of going to the pub.
    Then I took off my t-shirt and didn't notice it falling into the river. I had to walk the 15 minutes to his house topless, which wasn't nice for the residents of Carlow.
    The last bus back to Dublin was late, so I missed the last bus to Leixlip. The 2 hour walk in formal shoes caused me to have blisters on my feet. When my boss called to pick me up for work the next morning, I showed him the blisters. He blamed it on the fact that I had been drinking and sacked me (I think that was the 4th time that year).
    Later that day I was talking to a friend who works the base in the local cab office. He asked why I didn't ring him and get a cab home. He said that the driver wouldn't have minded, as the following day was pay day for me. I told him to go and **** himself because he was laughing at me.

I think I would have enjoyed going to college there.
    Fago! wrote: »
    beer1248989965.jpg
    That's what I looked like walking through Carlow, only it went in reverse as the day progressed.
    stbrennan wrote: »
    Do we have a set weekend?
    It's the 11th.

*wink wink*
    Sekrit beers remember.
    There was a logical reason for choosing that date.

I wanted to be amused at the clashing dates by people saying they would attend both, only to realise that they couldn't.
    I lead quite a boring life, and am easily amused.

I voted Carlow because it sounded most like Atari when said with a North Co. Dublin accent.

(although a beers down-country would be good for yiz dubbiners)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

G'rose looks pretty deadly, I wouldn't mind paying it a visit.

However, I'm preparing for two competitions in Oct. so I'm off the gargle but like other beer's I'll drop in for an hour or two to hook up with some peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Is the Gypsy Rose the old Viper Room?

And Carlow is winning! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Is the Gypsy Rose the old Viper Room?

And Carlow is winning! :eek:

The only good thing about Carlow is the bypass :p

Been wondering where this Gypsy Rose is meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

kfallon wrote: »

Been wondering where this Gypsy Rose is meself...

Think it used to be the Viper rooms - Was in Viper room around 5 years ago.

If its not the old Viper room its right beside it. Never even heard of this Gypsy Dipsy place before this thread

kfallon wrote: »

All roads lead to Dublin. ;)
    Cullen82 wrote: »
    Think it used to be the Viper rooms - Was in Viper room around 5 years ago.

If its not the old Viper room its right beside it. Never even heard of this Gypsy Dipsy place before this thread

It must be the same premises then, judging by the address when I googled it. Been hearing good things about it though since it opened so Gypsy Dipsy gets my vote.

• Advertisement

All roads lead to Dublin. ;)

It must be the same premises then, judging by the address when I googled it. Been hearing good things about it though since it opened so Gypsy Dipsy gets my vote.

The old Gypsy Dipsy (Viper Room) was a complete dive was it not, with a weird layout and very narrow?

Although from what I remember it was a very very late bar back then ....4am glug glug glug :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

glug glug glug glguglguggg

Yep it used to be Viper Rooms :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No option for Sean O'Caseys in Marlborough St., no??? :p

Cullen82 wrote: »
    The old Gypsy Dipsy (Viper Room) was a complete dive was it not, with a weird layout and very narrow?

Although from what I remember it was a very very late bar back then ....4am glug glug glug :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

glug glug glug glguglguggg

Memories of falling into that place at 2.30am when nowhere else would take us. :D

Hmm, bit iffy that the poll is private. I bet super-rush has created multiple accounts just to vote for Carlow. Or else has threatened all the people in the Carlow forum(if such a thing exists) with a ban unless they vote.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Hmm, bit iffy that the poll is private. I bet super-rush has created multiple accounts just to vote for Carlow. Or else has threatened all the people in the Carlow forum(if such a thing exists) with a ban unless they vote.
    :pac:

You better take that attitude over to CT...

:mad:

Memories of falling into that place at 2.30am when nowhere else would take us. :D

glug glug glglg glglu glug....... WHA?......glug glgug glugl :confused::confused: glug glgug

Actually THAT ^^^ Is probably along the lines of the "conversation" you could expect to hear in there....

You better take that attitude over to CT...

:mad:

That place is scary!! Don't make me go in there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Voted Carlow, dublin can suck my naatz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Voted Carlow, dublin can suck my naatz.
    well it`s clear judging by the above post that carlow was voted by people in various parts of the country outside dublin........a spoilt vote........carlow taking the place of the atari option if you will........no intention of attending the dublin beers or if theywere voted to be held in carlow either, just vote carlow for a laugh(OR ATARI/SPOILT OPTION)(sure isn`t that how dustin was voted by the people of ireland to representt the country for the eurovision song contest a couple of years ago.he could`ve sang(badly)hey diddle diddle and he still would have been voted through
    people voting just because it was bleeedin` dustin the turkey WHA!).

if the beers were held in carlow ,theres no way that 24(at present and rising)would turn up
    maybe 6 people?.

Advertisement