Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Beers - Saturday 11th Sept - Gypsy Rose Rock 'N' Blues Bar - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Greyfox wrote: »
    Can anybody who wants it in Dublin please, please, please just vote for the hairy lemmon and ignor the other Dublin venues, the poll should really be just a choice between Dublin or Carlow

Hairy Lemon's a crap choice! It closes at 11.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Greyfox wrote: »
    Can anybody who wants it in Dublin please, please, please just vote for the hairy lemmon and ignor the other Dublin venues, the poll should really be just a choice between Dublin or Carlow

Why.
    What if people want to go out in Dublin, but not want to go to the Hairy Lemon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Greyfox

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Why.
    What if people want to go out in Dublin, but not want to go to the Hairy Lemon?

Well the next beers is definitely going to take place in Carlow anyway, I'm 1,000,000,000,000 certain it will happen in Carlow and i'm never wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

OK so it's in Carlow on the 11th.

Why didn't we get to vote on the dates and what's the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

O'Loughlin's for pints then yea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Woo hoo. 9/11 beers.

Can we have it in an airplane themed pub?

Also, I change my vote from T.P. Smiths to the Gypsy Rose after reading the review linked to by Makikomi.

Bonito wrote: »
    Why didn't we get to vote on the dates and what's the venue?
    Because Degsy is the only one who can organise a proper AH beers.

If I shout loud enough, do you think he'll hear me?

DEGSY!!!!

Terry wrote: »
    Because Degsy is the only one who can organise a proper AH beers.

If I shout loud enough, do you think he'll hear me?

DEGSY!!!!
    He's on holiday. :p

We're boned then. I can't see a big turnout for this.

It's always when people don't expect a big turnout,a load of people turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I'm not going to Carlow... Gypsy Rose is probably the best choice... NOT Hairy Lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

He'll be back.

They always come back.

Erica<3 wrote: »
    I'm not going to Carlow... Gypsy Rose is probably the best choice... NOT Hairy Lemon.
    Ah go on!

Ah go on!

Sorry Mrs Doyle, no way i'll be able to afford train fare, accomodation and then a drinking sesh.

Unless you want to buy me a drink? ;)

Sorry Mrs Doyle, no way i'll be able to afford train fare, accomodation and then a drinking sesh.

Unless you want to buy me a drink? ;)
    No but I can give you a lift and you can have the couch in my friends house and then I'll bring you back to the big shmoke the following evening?*

*:p

No but I can give you a lift and you can have the couch in my friends house and then I'll bring you back to the big shmoke the following evening?*

*:p

Suppose i'll just hitchhike me way back.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Reckon there'll be a good crowd in Gypsy Rose next Saturday...and about 4 AHers in Carlow :pac:

Reckon there'll be a good crowd in Gypsy Rose next Saturday...and about 4 AHers in Carlow :pac:

And at that, the whole of Carlow'd be in shock someone actually visited of their own accord.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

And at that, the whole of Carlow'd be in shock someone actually visited of their own accord.:pac:
    Hey! I'm going down to Carlow tomorrow night for a 21st...all the way from Dublin too :p

If I can make this beers I will (I know there'll be a Dublin version somehow as I'll be in college in Carlow all week) :pac:

Hey! I'm going down to Carlow tomorrow night for a 21st...all the way from Dublin too :p

If I can make this beers I will (I know there'll be a Dublin version somehow as I'll be in college in Carlow all week) :pac:

Oh.
    Well you have to go down and interact with the locals cos you're going to college there.
    So you've a good excuse for being there:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Would ya gway out of that! Carlow is full of ye Dubliners coming down here so we can show ye a good time..would be quite nice if ye kept to yourselves like.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm DJ'ing in the Med Bar in Carlow on the 11th, so come down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ottostreet wrote: »
    I'm DJ'ing in the Med Bar in Carlow on the 11th, so come down there!

This isn't the LGBT forum otto.

It has come to my attention that there are other boards events occurring on the 11th.
    Ok, I knew about them beforehand and suggested the 11th because I wanted to amuse myself.

Anyway, several people are not happy about this because they wish to attend both events.
    Would anyone wish to suggest a different date?
    I'm sure the AH mods would be willing to accomodate a poll on the date and possible venues.

I would like to apologise for my little prank, and for any annoyance caused to others.
    Sorry about that. I honestly didn't think that people would take me seriously and go with that date.

In saying that, it is not up to me to dictate who meets up and when they meet up.
    I would just ask that people who wish to attend an AH beers would take into consideration the fact that the other events on that night have been scheduled for two months, and that this one was just thrown together on a whim.

It has come to my attention that there are other boards events occurring on the 11th.
    Ok, I knew about them beforehand and suggested the 11th because I wanted to amuse myself.

Anyway, several people are not happy about this because they wish to attend both events.
    Would anyone wish to suggest a different date?
    I'm sure the AH mods would be willing to accomodate a poll on the date and possible venues.

I would like to apologise for my little prank, and for any annoyance caused to others.
    Sorry about that. I honestly didn't think that people would take me seriously and go with that date.

In saying that, it is not up to me to dictate who meets up and when they meet up.
    I would just ask that people who wish to attend an AH beers would take into consideration the fact that the other events on that night have been scheduled for two months, and that this one was just thrown together on a whim.

Hehehe
    Your joke back fired on ya did it?
    :pac:

Hehehe
    Your joke back fired on ya did it?
    :pac:
    Yep.
    It could be seen as trolling on my part, but that was not my intention.
    I honestly did not think that anyone would take me seriously.

How about the 25th?
    It gives everyone plenty of notice, so they can plan ahead and keep that night free.
    I'm being serious now.

See, this is why we need Degsy.
    Any AH beers I've been to have been sorted out by him, and they turned out well.
    I'd suggest this thread be closed and another opened with dates and venues discussed before a poll is added.

Once again, I apologise for trying to be funny at the expense of everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I find it funnier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Hows this for a Invite for you After Hours Beers??!?!

6utiH.jpg

Woo hoo. 9/11 beers.

Can we have it in an airplane themed pub?

Also, I change my vote from T.P. Smiths to the Gypsy Rose after reading the review linked to by Makikomi.

Hows this for a Invite for you After Hours Beers??!?!

6utiH.jpg

It's so wrong to laugh...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yeah i think the 25th in the Barracks in Carlow would be perfect.

Advertisement