Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying by Direct Debit

Options
  • 01-09-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I wish to pay for a part-time course. I made an inquiry as to whether or not I could pay by direct debit as I don't have a credit-card.

I got an email response saying that I could, and was given the permanent TSB account number and sort code. I hold an EBS account myself.

How do I go about paying this? Do I need to fill out a form from TSB or should I get a form from my own bank (ESB)?

The only ESB forms I could find on their site were for paying into 'other ESB' accounts.

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I'm just a bit confused about how to go about doing this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

If they have given you the account details to pay into then it is either a one off payment or if its a regular payment reoccuring payment it is a standing order not a direct debit.

Best bet is to call into the EBS and set up the details there, don't go to PTSB they won't be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Direct Debit : The company you're paying sets it up.
    Standing order: Your bank sets it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

dobsdave wrote: »
    Direct Debit : The bank you're paying sets it up.
    Standing order: Your bank sets it up.

Direct debit - It's the company you're paying that sets it up. eg Eircom sets up Direct Debits that are to pay Eircom bills, same with Vodafone.

Advertisement