Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy loves chewing gum!

Options
  • 01-09-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

/My puppy has developed a taste for chewing gum. Whenever we go out she seems to sniff it out - even from a ditch! and tries to get it. More often than not I can get it out of her mouth but sometimes she does swallow a bit.

I know that chewing gum - especially the sugar free kind with xylitol is really bad for dogs. Any advice on how I can train her not to go for it (i think she really likes the taste) or what I can do about this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Teach her the leave it command for when she's already seen it and the look command to distract her from seeing it for when you've seen it before her. ;) Or bring a ball or something for her to have in her mouth instead?

Advertisement