Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best (cheapest) place to buy xbox wireless adaptor

• 01-09-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

as in the title, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Gamestop have the G adapter for €30 secondhand
    Game have a deal where is u buy something you can get an n adapter for €25 (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

whats the difference between the N and the G (prob a stupid question, but meh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

N is better for streaming but the G and N are pretty much the same for gaming unless u have super fast internet and a N wireless Router (which most people dont)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Wireless routers can transmit using different protocols, n/g/b being the most popular ones.
    You'll likely be fine either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Game have wireless G and N ones for €25 when bought with anything in the store

I bought a 99c game so got the lot for €25.98!
    Started a thread on it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I have the G one at the moment but was thinking of gettig the N one, I have an eircom Netopia router so would there be any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Not unless your netopia router is 802.11n and correct me if i'm wrong but eircom dont provide 802.11n routers as they wouldn't have the connection speeds to justify them (24Mb top package), so extremly doubtful

You'd have NO difference whatsoever. Would be a waste IMHO
    Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I have the G one at the moment but was
    thinking of gettig the N one, I have an eircom Netopia router so would there be any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP if you're still looking for one I don't use mine anymore. I'm willing to give it away for nothing if you're interested mate.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll talk to you further then.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

That_Guy wrote: »
    OP if you're still looking for one I don't use mine anymore. I'm willing to give it away for nothing if you're interested mate.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll talk to you further then.

PM sent. I'd love to take this if its still available.

• Advertisement

pm sent to that guy, sorry about the delay, im on hols at the mo.

you taking the piss or what "that guy", let me know asap as if i cant get urs im gonna buy one. thanks

Advertisement