Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT TIMETABLES

Options
  • 01-09-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Here is a link to everyones timetable :Dhttp://timetables.dkit.ie/

1.go to student groups
    2.select your dept
    3.select course name&year
    4.select view timetable
    5.hold down control button when selecting timetable generated button.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭moons657

my time table is blank#????

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

moons657 wrote: »
    my time table is blank#????

make sure you pick september 13th as the week to look at, the week before that classes havent started yet!

kizzle wrote: »
    make sure you pick september 13th as the week to look at, the week before that classes havent started yet!

ah right.got it working thanks man.but one more question,theres 4 classes for my course how will i know which one to pick??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

moons657 wrote: »
    ah right.got it working thanks man.but one more question,theres 4 classes for my course how will i know which one to pick??

That, i have no idea about! I'm only a humble first year:P (and not a man!:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Mines blank and i clicked the right course and the right date etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

My course is split into 6 groups so theres no way of knowing yet. :o

kizzle wrote: »
    That, i have no idea about! I'm only a humble first year:P (and not a man!:p)

sorry.thanks lady!!ha.and im only a first year too:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Eh mine is blank....

And yes i did set the week right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nothin new there, I dont think I've ever had my proper timetable until a month into the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

you have to change the date to the 6th sept or 13 th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

draffodx wrote: »
    Nothin new there, I dont think I've ever had my proper timetable until a month into the course!

Yip, gotta take those timetable with a large pinch of salt cos they will change no matter what :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 x_biteme_x

Heya :D
    Anyone going on to do computing level 8??
    Registering next friday... excited but nervous! :)
    x

x_biteme_x wrote: »
    Heya :D
    Anyone going on to do computing level 8??
    Registering next friday... excited but nervous! :)
    x

Im headin into 3rd year of it on Monday - its a great course - fairly tough but easy to do well in.
    And you get to be in the shiny new Carrolls building

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Im headin into 3rd year of it on Monday - its a great course - fairly tough but easy to do well in.
    And you get to be in the shiny new Carrolls building

Ah awesum, thats good to hear :D
    haha shiny new Carrolls building... looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

It's more....dark and smelling like a hospital than shiny. :p

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    It's more....dark and smelling like a hospital than shiny. :p

haha oooh... even more enticing!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hi all,
    just to let ye know that the time table up on in OP post for me was different to what its supposed to be.
    If you go into DKIT website, schools and departments, pick the school you are in, then pick the department, and then follow the timetables link and thats the timetable to be followed (for me anyways).

edit:
    followed my own advice on getting the above timetable, showed it to the department, who told me it was wrong, then gave me ANOTHER timetable which was different again to the other two.
    Basically, Im not starting college until next monday by the sounds of things, I ended up with 3 different timetables, none of which come into effect until next monday.
    Welcome to DKIT, home of "get the finger out lads!"

papagormo wrote: »
    hi all,
    just to let ye know that the time table up on in OP post for me was different to what its supposed to be.
    If you go into DKIT website, schools and departments, pick the school you are in, then pick the department, and then follow the timetables link and thats the timetable to be followed (for me anyways).

edit:
    followed my own advice on getting the above timetable, showed it to the department, who told me it was wrong, then gave me ANOTHER timetable which was different again to the other two.
    Basically, Im not starting college until next monday by the sounds of things, I ended up with 3 different timetables, none of which come into effect until next monday.
    Welcome to DKIT, home of "get the finger out lads!"

confusing much!! so are you still stuck as to which one to actually use?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Would you get the timetables at regtration?

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Would you get the timetables at regtration?

Not usually no.

Usually you have to your department to get them.

• Advertisement

Not usually no.

Usually you have to your department to get them.
    And when would you go to your department? on the day you start college?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

confusing much!!

Haha! yup pretty much!:) welcome to DKIT, all over the shop!
    so are you still stuck as to which one to actually use?? :confused:

Well apparently because they messed up the timetable so much, I don't actually start now till next monday, so Im just going to head in on monday, go straight t my department admin section and pick up a timetable off them again. Hopefully they will have pulled the finger out by then!

And when would you go to your department? on the day you start college?

Yep there is always a bunch of confused first years looking for timetables on the start date. :D

Yep there is always a bunch of confused first years looking for timetables on the start date. :D

Aww great:P thats me added to that list then:L
    Thanks

Aww great:P thats me added to that list then:L
    Thanks

haha and me!!!... great fun XD :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jordo141

Dumb question time.

Go I have to attend EVERY class on the timetable or just the particular class "x" times a week :P

Just asking because my timetable (of course, subject to change) is really spaced out and tbqh I don't wanna lounge about all day waiting for the next class or the bus to head home. And clubs/societies don't start till a few weeks in :/

I rather just skip the class and catch up with the missed work.

Jordo141 wrote: »
    Dumb question time.

Go I have to attend EVERY class on the timetable or just the particular class "x" times a week :P

Just asking because my timetable (of course, subject to change) is really spaced out and tbqh I don't wanna lounge about all day waiting for the next class or the bus to head home. And clubs/societies don't start till a few weeks in :/

Yeah DONT do that - i did and had to repeat a year :(

No matter how many gaps you have,its not as bad as having to repeat a year

Dumb question time.

Its up to you whether you go or not.

However some lecturers give marks for attendance. And others take attendance to show you are there for grant purposes (sometimes)

Also I wouldn't advise missing classes on a weekly basis, you will find it very hard to keep up, especially if its lectures and not practicals that you will be missing.

Raise the problem with your lecturer and they may be able to change it.

Spaced out timetables can be boring at the start but come time to do some work they can be a god send!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jordo141

Its up to you whether you go or not.

However some lecturers give marks for attendance. And others take attendance to show you are there for grant purposes (sometimes)

Also I wouldn't advise missing classes on a weekly basis, you will find it very hard to keep up, especially if its lectures and not practicals that you will be missing.

Raise the problem with your lecturer and they may be able to change it.

Spaced out timetables can be boring at the start but come time to do some work they can be a god send!

Ah, grand thanks.

Yeah, guess I'll try to keep up with every class at the beginning (despite the dread of a 4 hour break between one class till another, on a Monday no less).

Just another little inquiry. I heard from a relative a of mine who attended several years ago that you can switch courses if students drop out of them (if you meet the entry requirements of course); is this true?

• Advertisement

Just another little inquiry. I heard from a relative a of mine who attended several years ago that you can switch courses if students drop out of them (if you meet the entry requirements of course); is this true?

Yes that is true, register your interest in switching ASAP and if room becomes available you cant switch, however it could be a month or more down the line and you will be expected to catch up on your own in the new subject.

Advertisement