Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 a side footbal tournament in Leilxip

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Lads

Friend of mine is setting up a 6 side league in Leixlip Amenities Centre astro turf Entry is 5 euro per person for the whole tournament. If anyone wants to register a team get back to me here and i'll pass on your details.

Copied details from his facebook page, if anyone who has permission to post in the soccer forum could stick this up for me!
    Time
    20 September at 18:00 - 30 September at 22:00
    Location Leixlip United FC Astro Turfs
    Created by:
    Ciarán Mhac Aoidhe, Lee Barker
    More info
    Heres how its workin!!! 8 groups, Group A , Group B , Group C, Group D, Group E, Group F, Group G, Group H.

Group A Play their games on the Monday

Group B Play their games on the Tuesday
    Group C Play their games on a Wednsday

Group D Play their games on a Thursday

Group E Play their games on a Friday

Group F Play their games on a Saturday

Group G Play their games on a Sunday

Group H Play their games on a Monday

8 days of group matches.

Each match is half an hour long in the group stages so when one team is playing the other team will get a half an hours rest while the other match is being played.

1st and 2nd in each group will qualify for the last 16.

So if you cant play on any week day i will put your team in a weekend group, if you can't play the weekend i will put you in a weekday group.

You have until the 18th September to get a team of 6 players

Rules:

1.If there is any fighting this year you will be sent off and banned for three games. If i wanted a boxing competition for charity i wouldn't have done a soccer tournament.

2.You cannot score inside the opponents box or from your own half.

3.Keeper can pick up the ball inside his/her box even if it is a back pass.

4.Keepers are not aloud outside their box. If the keeper goes outside a free kick will be given.

5.You can change your keeper as often as you like during the game.

6. Refs decision is final, yellow cards and red cards will be given to referees but only for serious incidents.

You only have to pay 5 euro per player for the first game and that will do you for the whole tournament, BARGAIN!!!!

Any questions!!!?????

If yes talk to the tournament runners Ciaran McKay and Lee Barker.

Also i would like to say thank you to everyone who is helping to make this tournament possible,Especially to Joes Jewellers in Leixlip Village who have donated the Moshi Cup Trophy for the tournament, Leixlip United Fc who have supplied me with astro turf pitches and support on numerous occasions including the first ever Moshi Cup which took place in February and to all the businesses who let me hang posters to advertise the tournament to the public.

I Know i had to postpone this tournament because bad timing meant there was a lack of teams but now that there is 3 weeks and 2 days till the start of the tournament, Myself and Lee would deeply appreciate it if you got a team in on time and are certain that your team can play on the day that you can choose to play on.

Thanks for your time ,

Ciaran McKay,
    Lee Barker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Was just informed this is actually a charity event in aid of http://www.pathtoafrica.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm getting a few lads together. We could play any weekday apart from thrusday (tuesday would suit best) we're in college in Maynooth. When do we have to let you know for definite by?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

18th September is final date for entry, let me know when u can and I'll pass your details onto the organiser or I'll pass his details onto you.

Advertisement