Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September Meetup!

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Well it's September 1st hence we have a new meetup thread! \o/

Got something you want to do ??? Well here is the place to post it :)

To start us off there is bowling on Friday in the Mardyke at 8pm for anyone that is interested, the more the merrier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Wont make it Friday night, so hope you all have fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks to everyone who came bowling last night and for drinks afterwards!

Organising all this stuff is even more worthwhile when I know people actually enjoy themselves :) ....at least I think everyone did last night :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Had a good time at the bowling - Cheers

Sorry I couldn't hang around for the beers though, drove up to Clare to see my Brother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I had fun! Thanks for organizing :)

So whats next Mr Tut???:D

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Had a good time at the bowling - Cheers

Sorry I couldn't hang around for the beers though, drove up to Clare to see my Brother

You're welcome, nice to see you!
    jujibee wrote: »
    I had fun! Thanks for organizing :)

You're welcome :)
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    So whats next Mr Tut???:D

Well how about we get a few suggestions thrown around...

Mine are:

1) Pool night
    2) Trip to Dublin / Galway on a Sat and stay the night (return to Cork on Sunday)
    3) Dinner - I would love to try the new Chinese buffet on North main st..

Any other suggestions?

Am not much of a chinese food eater, but Id be up for trying it out.
    Not sure about night away at the mo, have too much on the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Anyone interested in going to the cinema this friday (10th) ?

wouldn't mind watching the last exorcism or the runaways.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's a chinese buffet place in Cork?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Faith wrote: »

Yeah it opened recently just a few doors up form the entrance into the dunnes shopping center on north main street. The food every time i pass looks savage so im going to have to try it out soon.

• Advertisement

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Am not much of a chinese food eater, but Id be up for trying it out.
    Not sure about night away at the mo, have too much on the next few months.

Cool thanks for letting me know. Do you have any suggestions yourself? What things do you like doing etc...

I am but don't think I am free :( I'll let you know asap though!

Yup! Been open for at least a month, half way down North Main St! I have heard great things about it. Boards trip some evening??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I went to see Last Exorcism tonight. I though it was very poor indeed. Just not scary enough. The trailer clips were disingenuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ellibela

I would be up for it if you're still planning to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Yep i'm still going anyway!!

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to go, just in case miss_shadow do you mind swapping numbers with ellibella as it is her first meetup and she won't know anyone?

She has mine but that is of no use if I can't go lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I was thinking of the cinema too but I'll be heading for Resident Evil, zombies in 3D :eek::D

kingtut wrote: »
    Yup! Been open for at least a month, half way down North Main St! I have heard great things about it. Boards trip some evening??

I've said this before, but personally I wouldn't be comfortable going to a meet up with strangers unless it was super casual, like drinks in a pub. Even the bowling was off-putting to me :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ellibela

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to go, just in case miss_shadow do you mind swapping numbers with ellibella as it is her first meetup and she won't know anyone?

She has mine but that is of no use if I can't go lol

Thanks guys but I can't make it after all, working late on a Friday :(

I've said this before, but personally I wouldn't be comfortable going to a meet up with strangers unless it was super casual, like drinks in a pub. Even the bowling was off-putting to me :(.

Fair enough, keep an eye out for a drinks meetup then.

A few months ago I had a bowling night and there were 12 people bowling, for 7 of whom if I remember rightly it was their first meetup so you are the first person to say that bowling as a first event is off putting :confused: I personally think it is a great event to start with (you can chat about bowling and also having something to do breaks up the convo unlike a pub where you have to talk a lot lol).

....anyway don't worry there are LOTS of drinks meetups :D and you will be at the next one.....right....right????? :D
    ellibela wrote: »
    Thanks guys but I can't make it after all, working late on a Friday :(

Such a shame! see you when you return however.

Fair enough, keep an eye out for a drinks meetup then.

A few months ago I had a bowling night and there were 12 people bowling, for 7 of whom if I remember rightly it was their first meetup so you are the first person to say that bowling as a first event is off putting :confused: I personally think it is a great event to start with (you can chat about bowling and also having something to do breaks up the convo unlike a pub where you have to talk a lot lol).

....anyway don't worry there are LOTS of drinks meetups :D and you will be at the next one.....right....right????? :D

I'm crap at bowling anyway, so I don't want a bunch of strangers judging my lack of skill :o.

I'll come to the next drinks meetup if I can. But I only ever see tiny ones being organised through boards (like 3 people). The bigger ones seem to be organised elsewhere!

• Advertisement

I'm crap at bowling anyway, so I don't want a bunch of strangers judging my lack of skill :o.

I'll come to the next drinks meetup if I can. But I only ever see tiny ones being organised through boards (like 3 people). The bigger ones seem to be organised elsewhere!

Ha ha :D

I used to organise a lot more meetups but I have been very busy these days and haven't had as much free time as I used to.

At one stage a few of our meetups had 11/12 at them! but on average we usually get at least 4/5 ... I always find the ones that are organised in advance attract higher numbers than the ones that are organised that day or the day before.

Our meetups are only ever organised through boards (obviously if people want to meet up without going through boards they can but they won't get many people that way).

Edit - BIG SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE....If you are interested in a big pub meetup for the last week in September please reply to this and let me know. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Last weekend in september sounds great. I will actually have money again by then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Just to throw my idea in, what about this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midleton-Needs-A-Nightclub/212201756880?v=wall#!/event.php?eid=129809303733354&ref=mf

I think everyone loves that music 'era' and, although it's not very local, I reckon it would be a good laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Id defo be up for pub meetup at the end of Sept :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

id be up for the last week in september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I agree. I'd feel a bit uncomfortable going to dinner with a bunch of people I met for the first time only 5 minutes before or going to the cinema where there would be minimal talking/getting to know someone involved. Like Faith, I'd prob go for casual drinks in the pub first to break the ice with people. End of September was it?

jujibee wrote: »
    Last weekend in september sounds great. I will actually have money again by then:)

yay
    panda100 wrote: »
    Id defo be up for pub meetup at the end of Sept :)

Cool!
    ryano77 wrote: »
    id be up for the last week in september

Excellent!
    End of September was it?

Sure is, sure I'll set up a poll later with dates ranging from Thu 23rd Sept to Thu 30 Sept and the most popular date will be the date.

Anyone else interested in an end of September pub meetup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Possibly up for a meetup at end of sept, have been on boards a good while and keep saying i must actually get to a meetup sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Clobo

I might be...I only moved to Ireland on saturday and am living very rurally, so it'd be good to meet some new people!!!

• Advertisement

I'd be up for a late September pub meet up :).

Advertisement