Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock clinic prices for treatment

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

Hi

My girlfriend suffers from Ankylosing spondylitis which requires a steroid injection when the pain gets really bad.

Shes just moved from england where this was done by a consultant however here, her next apointment was given as june 2011 in James'.

So I think we need to go private to get this done. Does anyone know of a way to get prices for treatment in blackrock or other private clinic?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Elevenses101

Hi

My girlfriend suffers from Ankylosing spondylitis which requires a steroid injection when the pain gets really bad.

Shes just moved from england where this was done by a consultant however here, her next apointment was given as june 2011 in James'.

So I think we need to go private to get this done. Does anyone know of a way to get prices for treatment in blackrock or other private clinic?

Thanks

I think that you can just ring them up and enquire about prices. I've been to this clinic a few times and it really does depend on which doctor you are seeing...

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Would her gp not do it for her?
    I have often gotten steroid injections from her without having to wait for a consultant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Hi

Thanks
    If she's just moved, she'd probably be quicker flying over for an NHS appt. I have A.S. too and lived in the UK for several years and still go back for my jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi

Thanks
    Hi I have just been diagnosed, have my first "private" appointment in Tallaght in early October. Appointment made last week. I was told the difference between public and private could be up to a year. ......it's f****in sore i tell ya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Hi I have just been diagnosed, have my first "private" appointment in Tallaght in early October. Appointment made last week. I was told the difference between public and private could be up to a year. ......it's f****in sore i tell ya!!!

whats the damage for a private apointment there?

• Advertisement

whats the damage for a private apointment there?
    I really thought I answered this ..could it have been deleted? it's around 200 euros for my first session, no more than 250...

Incedently started back in the gym last week, and was splashing about in the hydro therapy pool, and that combined with the anti-inflamms and green tea and every other type of natural anti inflamm has given me a perfect morning this morning!! I have no pain today at all, just a rather straight spine!!!

THis week I am starting on this stuff:
    http://www.lyprinol.ie/

It's made form a NZ mussle and is anti-inflamm.....i'll keep you updated on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I really thought I answered this ..could it have been deleted? it's around 200 euros for my first session, no more than 250...

Incedently started back in the gym last week, and was splashing about in the hydro therapy pool, and that combined with the anti-inflamms and green tea and every other type of natural anti inflamm has given me a perfect morning this morning!! I have no pain today at all, just a rather straight spine!!!

THis week I am starting on this stuff:
    http://www.lyprinol.ie/

It's made form a NZ mussle and is anti-inflamm.....i'll keep you updated on that!

sweet. i dont know if you know about it but the ASAI have a free exercise (although you need to pay for membership i think) every monday in Rathfarnham for AS sufferers. my gf just started and says it does the absolute world of good. may be worth checking out.

ps. evil dead ftw :D

sweet. i dont know if you know about it but the ASAI have a free exercise (although you need to pay for membership i think) every monday in Rathfarnham for AS sufferers. my gf just started and says it does the absolute world of good. may be worth checking out.

Excellent, i'll check that out. I've also been onto Sean Boylans clinic (herbalist) to seek out alternatives to anti-inflams. I'm making an appointment there too.

mmmmmmm Just back from hospital and was advised to skip physio and go straight into anti tnf treatment, looks like serious stuff to be honest and very costly, will have to think about this bigtime..one negative that made me laugh was one of the side effects that was listed.....BACKPAIN!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Well...if it's anything to go by, I have a regular PSA check done. I normally get my GP to do it. GP visit is €50 and the PSA is included.....plus I can ask about everything else bothering me.

I had it done i the Blackrock Clinic once (Aug 2008) and it cost €90 just for the test. They have a Lab/Clinic on the ground floor. I presume that it is here that hers will be done, rather than by her consultant.

My advice: If your GF does go ahead and have it done in the Blackrock, find out if she can have the injection(s) done elsewhere, if its cheaper - after all I'm saving at least €40 on my test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sallymae

all their prices are different so you have the ring the doctor who she is going ot see to see how much it is

Advertisement