Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me to divroce :|

Options
  • 01-09-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I hope that somebody could help me. The situation is that I came to Ireland 2 years ago with my girlfriend and we got married last December (2009). So far so good, but the worse thing happened and we would like to divorce now (This was not in the plan...but things happened :( ).

So my question is that, is it possible to divorce abroad (in this situation in Hungary or Romania) if we got married here? To be honest I want to move forward as soon as possible and don't wait for 4 years (based on the Irish law).

Tnx,
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A foreign divorce is only recognised if either party was living in that country at the time that the divorce was granted.

If you are both still living here, you will have to get divorced in Ireland for it to be valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WepeE

Well, actually we are registered into the same apartement in Hungary, but we didn't certified our marriage certificate yet at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You should talk to a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement