Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow news day...

• 01-09-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I hate slow news days. Nothing seems to make a day go slower than reading stuff like http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-11148527.

"The sign for Cotswold Airport on the A429 near Cirencester gets the "s" and the "w" the wrong way round."

""We are grateful for the signs but we're hoping this one will be put right as soon as possible.""

I mean, WOW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

not interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

mink_man wrote: »
    not interesting

Then why post?.........................Damn! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Can we go asleep now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

*waits for the post with the letters all the wrong way around but it doesn't matter cos your brain reads it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I think there's every reason to bring it to the nations attention such horrid spelling mistakes.... :pac:

Just the wrong nation is all......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I hope someone loses their job for that one! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

*waits for the post with the letters all the wrong way around but it doesn't matter cos your brain reads it anyway

doclu tno eb srdea ginlkoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I think the first and last letters have to be in the right place. The ones in the middle can be jumbled up. I "think" this as i cant read your comment....

I think the first and last letters have to be in the right place. The ones in the middle can be jumbled up. I "think" this as i cant read your comment....

*could not be ar$ed looking.

Is what he said. And yes the first and last letters need to be in the original place.
    Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ah yeah, I didn't really care if it could be read. I just really could not be arsed looking for the thing he was talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yuo're dniog it wonrg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

NEWS ALERT!!

THERE IS NO NEWS. Tiaoseach, Brian Cowen had this to say.

Brian Cowen: "Well Its a great tradegy, but I'm confident the Irish people will rise above this and prosper from what we have lost."
    Reporter: but whats your opinion on the slow news day?
    Brian Cowen:...................I'm sorry whats the question?

The Tiaoseach went on to say: "eh..oh its just *pant* we....er uh economy oh uh neh feh."
    We don't know what the concequences of this slow news day will be, but rest assured, the government will make sure it effects the public sector"

Some eejit with a terrible haircut,
    RTE News
    Dublin Castle...

Godwins Law move over it's now Cowens Law!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Slow news day? To hell with that... The Stig's identity was revealed today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

The stigs identity was revealed almost two weeks ago!!! And i was quite happy with his identity too, delighted he wasnt a famous F1 driver:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ben Clolnis, apparently.

Advertisement