Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mafia 2

• 01-09-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Howya,

Was thinking of getting this on Friday - Have'nt gotten anything in a while.

Has anyone played or got opinions on it?

I've watched Gamespots review but have found their reveiws a bit off in the past....can anyone compare it to anything they've played already?

Cheers

Cullen82

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Yeah there is a larger thread in the games section, I was thinking of getting it but after Reading through the thread it turns out that you have to pay 800 microsoft points to download the free roam mode so I will probably just rent it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Thanks for the replies, I did'nt see the other thread obviously.

Nemanja to be honest I'm prob with you on that one after reading about the ms points to roam....Freedom to roam in the game would have been one of my main interests so don't think ill be going for this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, I did'nt see the other thread obviously.

Nemanja to be honest I'm prob with you on that one after reading about the ms points to roam....Freedom to roam in the game would have been one of my main interests so don't think ill be going for this now.

It's not that you can't free roam in the game as it is now, to collect wanted posters etc but other than that and a car stealing job there is nothing to do outside the missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its good i enjoyed it but its only 10hours ish long and with zero replay or DLC value so i would rent it for a week it will be more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Its awful, dont waste your money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Its awful, dont waste your money on it.
    Come on now its not that bad its a alright game you will play through it once and never touch it again though
    definatly a rental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Rent it for a week.. worth the €10.

I enjoyed it.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Looks great. I might invest in this also!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

just got the collectors edition, looks good, cant wait to play it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Iv'e heard its ridiculously short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

exioot wrote: »
    Iv'e heard its ridiculously short

I had 11 hours in my stats when I finished it. Took me the full week I had it of casual play.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Come on now its not that bad its a alright game you will play through it once and never touch it again though
    definatly a rental

OK yeh maybe awful is a strong word, it definitely looks the business but i just didnt find it that fun and i was annoyed that the open world was completely wasted, or so i thought until i heard they were bringing out DLC to make driving around worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

played the demo earlier. enjoyed it. Physics are pretty cool and I love the retro look and feel of it. might pick up a copy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really good game. Very much enjoyed it. I bought it but to be honest I'd probably just rent it if I had the choice now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really good game. Very much enjoyed it. I bought it but to be honest I'd probably just rent it if I had the choice now.

Did anyone spot the possible Bioshock reference on the
    Prison
    Level where the guy says "WOuld you kindly" maybe wasnt but it was the way he said it that made me think bioshock right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Looks real good. Think i'l rent if it's 10/11 hours of gameplay and no replay value.

Advertisement