Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity sports exhibition

• 01-09-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

hey guys, not sure if there's been a post about this exhibition, sorry if there has, but it looks pretty awesome!
    The best 50 photos from nearly 23,000 action and adventure sports images submitted to the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2010 can now be seen in their full glory in Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.

The open-air exhibition is open until September 11 and is free to the public. Every night after dark, the images illuminate the front square of the university. Gates to the exhibition are opened every night between 8-10pm. The images are arguably the world’s greatest collection of action and adventure sports photography.

http://www.redbullillume.com/exhibition/dublin.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

yeah seems to be well advertised around Dublin, cant wait to get in for a look. Wondering what peoples favourites are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Look for m friend Ricky Adams photos. He's an Irish photog I work with. Really unique and striking style. He's got a couple of images in the exhibition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Going to drop by on Monday night to it. Looking forward to the exhibition so is the missus too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

must make a visit next week - looks like it'll be good

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Had a look through the shots on flickr ,some amazing stuff there alright,perhaps boards could organise a similar one on here would be interesting to see ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I went to this on Tuesday and will be there again tonight.

I strongly recommend it. There are some excellent photographs there. I loved a superb climbing shot from Slovakia and some ace surf shots...including one from a freezing cold Great Lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lizzzard

It's so good to see the photo's on the internet and then see them in the exhibition.

I looked at them yesterday on the net and couldn't believe them when I was standing in front of them, very inspriational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This looks great, think I'll head into it this tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Just back from this and must say it was brilliant to see these shots. Really fantastic images and it's amazing to get the feeling of wanting to get your camera and head off around to globe to take similar shots.

Really worth heading in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'd love to go to this, but the €35 train ticket doesn't justify it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement