Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer Emigrating to Perth

Options
  • 01-09-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi all, i recently got full residency for Oz and am planning to head over to Perth, WA, in next few months to get set up and then for wife and kids to follow on later next year, after the hot aussie summer passes (kids are small). My question relates to work for site/civil engineers in the perth area. I am a civil/structural engineer with 5+ years main contractor experience on site but am struggling to find any corresponding roles on WA websites;
    Is the Ozzie equivalent to an Irish site engineer a civil project engineer? Does anybody know what the job situation is actually like on the ground in WA? (The internet can at times be a bit misleading as the same job can be advertised several times on the same site..)
    I see a lot of job specs require WA experience, is this really a must?
    Anybody out there who can offer some advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

d.pop wrote: »
    Hi all, i recently got full residency for Oz and am planning to head over to Perth, WA, in next few months to get set up and then for wife and kids to follow on later next year, after the hot aussie summer passes (kids are small). My question relates to work for site/civil engineers in the perth area. I am a civil/structural engineer with 5+ years main contractor experience on site but am struggling to find any corresponding roles on WA websites;
    Is the Ozzie equivalent to an Irish site engineer a civil project engineer? Does anybody know what the job situation is actually like on the ground in WA? (The internet can at times be a bit misleading as the same job can be advertised several times on the same site..)
    I see a lot of job specs require WA experience, is this really a must?
    Anybody out there who can offer some advice? Would be greatly appreciated.

Try the Australia section:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1121

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Thanks Spear.

Advertisement