Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

from JSB to JSA

• 01-09-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi

my JSB finished on the 14th of august, i had my means test about a month ago which went fine, i wasn't sure what date my JSB was finishing this month and when i went into sign on at the end of july i asked them when will i sign on next month as my JSB was finishing she told me just to sign on as normal next month and we will be sending you out a letter so i went in last wednesday and they told me i was supposed to be signing today and that my stamps had finished, they didn't send me out any letter letting me know when my stamps were finished and then she wasn't sure if ill get back payed from the 14th to last wednesday, this morning a letter came saying that they will only be paying me from last wednesday but its there fault as they told me to sign on as normal this month and they also sent out 1 of those yellow slips to let you know my signing date, how am i going to go about this to get what money is owing to me before last wednesday? will i have to go through an appeals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

Hi

my JSB finished on the 14th of august, i had my means test about a month ago which went fine, i wasn't sure what date my JSB was finishing this month and when i went into sign on at the end of july i asked them when will i sign on next month as my JSB was finishing she told me just to sign on as normal next month and we will be sending you out a letter so i went in last wednesday and they told me i was supposed to be signing today and that my stamps had finished, they didn't send me out any letter letting me know when my stamps were finished and then she wasn't sure if ill get back payed from the 14th to last wednesday, this morning a letter came saying that they will only be paying me from last wednesday but its there fault as they told me to sign on as normal this month and they also sent out 1 of those yellow slips to let you know my signing date, how am i going to go about this to get what money is owing to me before last wednesday? will i have to go through an appeals?

I'm not too sure I understand the problem..... you signed on early, you have the means test done... where is the problem coming from?

I'm in the same position as you, my JSB is finishing in about 2 weeks and I did the means test a month ago. I rang yesterday to find out what the story was, but they couldnt give me any info. I'm a bit confused how the transition works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 westernventure

JamBur wrote: »
    I'm not too sure I understand the problem..... you signed on early, you have the means test done... where is the problem coming from?

I'm in the same position as you, my JSB is finishing in about 2 weeks and I did the means test a month ago. I rang yesterday to find out what the story was, but they couldnt give me any info. I'm a bit confused how the transition works.

Sorry ill try to explain better, when i went in last wednesday i was told i WAS NOT supposed to be signing today as my JSB had finished on the 14th and that i should of went in on the 14th or before it but i was never told what date my JSB was finished as i had not got a letter and when i signed on the previous month i was told to come in as normal next month to sign but then i got the weekly rate letter this morning which said ill only be paid from last weds 25th which was the day i went into sign on, so what i can see i wont be paid from the 14th to 25th because of there blunder by not letting me know when my stamps were finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

From what you say, it is their mistake and you just need to go in, to be polite but firm, to identify by name or description (accentuate the positive in physical descriptions!) ,hatch/date/time etc., the person/s who told you that you would be getting a letter and to continue signing on usual date. Explain/remind that you did everything that was necessary to ensure that your transition from JSB to JSA was seamless but that, unfortunately, following their guidance has led to lost payments for you. Hopefully, you'll get it sorted and get refunded without a formal appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 westernventure

was thinking the same myself will go in there in d morn and hopefully get it sorted

Advertisement