Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best bike help

• 01-09-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi lads/ladies,

I will be travelling from crumlin to IT blanch everyday and back for the next 4 years and i am looking to purchase a solid hybrid bike , preferably a giant, trek or a lapierre.

what should i go for ? please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

well you've fairly narrowed down the options there. Much of a muchness really.

First thing to do is pick your budget then see which models fit your range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

budget for several expensive locks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

IT blanch not great for bike parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Colleges in general are targets for bike theft. You want a solid D lock like the Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Mini along with a good cable lock for the wheels. Lock the frame to a bike loop / sheffield stand and lock the wheels to the bike...

Along with that, my Giant FCR3 (now the 'Rapid' series) is a fine commuter bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

tnx lads , ime a bit worried with all the mention of theft, thank you all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Looking for a bike for roughly the same reasons, going second hand to save myself the worry (and the money!). I will most definitely be looking for a road bike. 3 ideas in mind to find one, shops, recycling centres and the bike auction in naas, and I have a question about each;

Am I wasting my time checking out the recycling centres?
    Is the garda bike auction worth going to/ whats it like?
    Can anyone recommend a good, well priced bike shop in dublin that trades in second hand bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

all of the bikes manufacturers youve narrowed down are good just check your budget and test ride which one fits you first was in the same boat as you before was choosing between a giant rapid and a specialized sirrus elite test rode both of em the rapid felt fast but the ride wasnt as smooth as the spesh choose the sirrus in the end as it was the most comfortable for me.

Advertisement